Is Restylane Before Rhinoplasty OK?

I am scheduled to have rhinoplasty done in about 5 weeks. I have lost fullness under my eyes, so I am also having restylane done as well. I wanted to do it before surgery but I need help. I have talked to my doctor but have not really given me a straight answer which is a little unsettling. When should I have restylane done?

Restylane is fine before your rhinoplasty

+3

It is fine to do fillers like Restylane before your rhinoplasty but I would do it about 2 weeks before your nasal surgery. A very good option is to do it at the same time as your rhinoplasty so you will not have any discomfort as I perform my Rhinoplasty procedures under a general anesthesia. It is commont to perform either fillers or use fat as a filler if you are in the operating room for another procedure to refill your face in the cheek and or lip areas

Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty and Restylane

+1

Let's be clear about where the Restylane will be injected: it should not be placed into or around the nose before rhinoplasty due to a number of factors unless 6-9 months will elapse before surgery. Otherwise it would be wise to have it dissolved with hyaluronidase (another injection) before surgery.

Web reference: http://www.specialface.com

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and rhinoplasty

+1

Restylane can be given before, during, or after a Rhinoplasty.

If your rhinoplasty involves breaking the nasal bones, then I would wait at least 1 month after the procedure before doing any filler. My personal preference is always to do the filler at least 2 weeks before nasal surgery.

Best of luck

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and rhinoplasty

+1

It is probably ok to have fillers palced before surgery, but it would be better at the same time. You may develop bruising after the filler injection and this may affect your sugery.

Restylane before rhinoplasty

+1

It is ok to have Restylane prior to your rhinoplasty. Depending on exactly what will be performed during your rhinoplasty, in most cases you will experience bruising under the eyes. This is especially the case if osteotomies are performed. If you have Restylane injected the day before, you may experience an excess of swelling due to both procedures. I would give it at least a few days on either side, and in this case there should be no issue. I hope this helps answer your question. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Restylane before Rhinoplasty

+1

Restylane can be done before rhinoplasty surgery. However, for convenience I would advise doing the filler injections at the same time as the nasal surgery.

Restylane before rhinoplasty OK

+1

I recommend doing the injections at least 2 weeks prior to rhinoplasty surgery. This allows for any black and blue and swelling to subside. Just being very safe.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Restylane for lower eyelid skin in conjunction with rhinoplasty

+1

There should not be a problem with injections to the lower eyelid area when done prior to or during a rhinoplasty. Certainly you will have swelling after the nose surgery and often this is around the eyes to some degree, but there may be a possibility that the swelling underneath the eyes can be magnfied as the Restylane may bind more fluid during the postoperative period.

Tear Trough (Under Eye Line) Filling with Rhinoplasty

+1

There is no reason why the Nasojugal line / Tear Trough filling with Restylane could not be done just before the surgeon performs your rhinoplasty. As long as none is placed in the nose which would obscure the nose lines, placing the Restylane along the lower rims of the orbits to correct the depressions will improve this area without affecting your nose surgery.

Restylane injection before rhinoplasty

+1

As long as the Restylane injections are remote from the rhinoplasty site, as in your case, there is no concerns. The rhinoplasty will have no effect on Restylane, and vice versa.