Can Restylane Results Be Permanent?

I had a botched restylane job (uneven, hard lumps, discoloration) to correct undereyes hollows. I want the restylane to go away but I've read a few cases online where it became permanent! Is it possible that I will never get rid of that? Does massaging plus warm compress helps the filler fading?

Resttlane longevity

+1

Restylane usually lasts between six and nine months. If you want to get rid of it you may want your doctor to dissolve it.

Restylane results are not permanent

+1

Restylane results are not permanent. They can be long lasting, however. The results may last over a year, but they’re not permanent.  For lumps caused by Restylane, massaging the tear trough and around the eyes may be indicated, but should only be done under the supervision of a doctor. If the lump doesn’t go away, it needs to be dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane is not permanent

+1
To date there are no published medical reports of permanent restylane deposits. See your physician to determine your situation. If hyaluronidase is injected and they go away then it probably was Restylane.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Not Permanent

+1

Hyaluronic acid treatment is not permanent whatsover, usually lasting about 6-9 months. Lumps can be removed by judicious massage or hyaluronidase that dissolves the material injected.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist