Can Restylane Results Be Permanent?

I had a botched restylane job (uneven, hard lumps, discoloration) to correct undereyes hollows. I want the restylane to go away but I've read a few cases online where it became permanent! Is it possible that I will never get rid of that? Does massaging plus warm compress helps the filler fading?

Not permanent

Restylane is based on hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the human body that gradually breaks down over time. For this reason, Restylane will not remain permanently once injected. It will gradually dissolve with time and the treated area will return to its pre-injection state. I don’t recommend that you massage the area as it can displace the product and increase swelling. If you’d like to have it removed, please see your injector for hyaluronidase.

Resttlane longevity

Restylane usually lasts between six and nine months. If you want to get rid of it you may want your doctor to dissolve it.

Restylane results are not permanent

Restylane results are not permanent. They can be long lasting, however. The results may last over a year, but they’re not permanent.  For lumps caused by Restylane, massaging the tear trough and around the eyes may be indicated, but should only be done under the supervision of a doctor. If the lump doesn’t go away, it needs to be dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane is not permanent

To date there are no published medical reports of permanent restylane deposits. See your physician to determine your situation. If hyaluronidase is injected and they go away then it probably was Restylane.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Not Permanent

Hyaluronic acid treatment is not permanent whatsover, usually lasting about 6-9 months. Lumps can be removed by judicious massage or hyaluronidase that dissolves the material injected.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist