Removing Restylane Lumps That Persisted for 2 Years?

Is there a way to remove lumps that have persisted for two years caused by Restylane?

Restylane lumps

+2

I agree with the small poke in hte skin over the affected area and then pressure or sqeezing to remove the product. This is most often surprisingly easy and very often does the trick. I have seen patients for consultation for other things and as an aside they mentioned some inappropriately placed restylane - one poke later and the problem they had been living with for 1-2 years is better or resolved.

Charlotte Dermatologist

Hyaluroindase or Extraction

+1

It is unusual for this to happen. However, there are cases when Restylane seems to be sequestered and does not submit to the body's metabolic processes.

My suggestion would be to return to your physician and have hyaluronidase injected into these areas. It may also be possible to have them extruded after nicking with an #11 blade. This technique has been successfully employed years after the injections.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist