Restylane vs Radiesse for Non Surgical Nose Procedure

About 7months ago I decided to go for a non surgical rhinoplasty procedure. The Dr. I went to suggested that radiesse was a better filler, so I had 0.3ml injected into my nose bridge. About 2 months after the initial procedure I went to a different Dr. that was reccommended to me by a friend, and he suggested that Restylane was a better filler as it lasts longer over time with each procedure. Is this true? I am due for a touch up but not sure on whether which filler is better?

Restylane is more reversible, Radiesse gives sharper contrast for non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

I prefer to start with Restylane for non-surgical rhinoplasty.  Restylane is very soft, completely reversible, and may be placed safely in the bridge and nasal tip.

The downside of being very soft, is the results may be great and very crisp at first, but as the filler relaxes, some of the sharp contrast is lost.  Radiesse maintains it's shape better and gives better contrast for augmenting the bridge.

Because the Radiesse is not reversible I recommend patients try Restylane first and if they want a more aggressive treatment, we try Radiesse.

Good luck in your search for information! 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for nose enhancement

+1

I have used both restylane, juvederm, and radiesse successfully to improve the appearance of the nose. Generally speaking, I like to start with a hyaluronic acid like restylane or juvederm, and if the person is pleased, we can later consider radiesse for a longer lasting effect. If the person is potentially not pleased with a hyaluronic acid, then at least you have the versatility to dissolve it with hyaluronic acid. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane or Radiesse for Injection Nose Job?

+1

Hello 4372 Anon.  May we suggest an actual rhinoplasty?  While injections are certainly an option in your case, we still recommend a surgical procedure based on long term cost benefit as compared to injections.

While both Radiesse and Restylane are options for this procedure, Radiesse is a bit less forgiving.  It is a denser product that is a bit more difficult to inject and it cannot be reversed.  It lasts longer, but comes with slightly higher risks.  Ultimately, you need to find a practitioner you feel comportable with and then decide with that person what's right for you.  There is no single "best" answer to your question.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane VS. Radiesse use in Non-Surgical Nose Shaping

+1

Regarding: "Restylane vs Radiesse for Non Surgical Nose Procedure
About 7months ago I decided to go for a non surgical rhinoplasty procedure. The Dr. I went to suggested that radiesse was a better filler, so I had 0.3ml injected into my nose bridge. About 2 months after the initial procedure I went to a different Dr. that was reccommended to me by a friend, and he suggested that Restylane was a better filler as it lasts longer over time with each procedure. Is this true? I am due for a touch up but not sure on whether which filler is better
?"

7 months ago - 0.3cc of Radiesse / 5 months ago - Restylane into the nose. You really should not need so many procedures nor a touch up in such a period of time .

The use of fillers to correct minor nose deformities is NOT an FDA approved use of the fillers but considered an off-label use. Restylane is a safer filler for the nose and can be dissolved if you do not like it. It lasts under a year. Radiesse lasts well over a year and cannot be dissolved. There is a debate on how chronic use of fillers may affect / complicate a subsequent rhinoplasty.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Radiesse will likely last longer than Restylane for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure.

+1

I'm not sure why you required more Radiesse only 2 months after your non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure. It's possible that you looked great for 48 hrs., and when your swelling resolved, you wanted more augmentation for your nasal bridge.

I exclusively use Silikon-1000 for non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures, and this will lead to permanent, natural results if performed properly. My patients will typically require around 3 treatments with Silikon-1000 spaced at monthly intervals, for a complete correction.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Usually Radiesse lasts longer

+1

I always start with an HA filler like Restylane because it can be dissolved, and therefore is safer. Radiesse has been found to last longer, so it is often the product used on the second go round.  The results last 9-18 months depending on which product used, and the amount and the level of injection. The only permanent solution would be surgery.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

They both go away

+1

This is the problem with a non=surgical nose job. You keep having to spend more money to add more filler. Surgery is usually a one time thing and permanent.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Be safe first

+1

Both are OK options.  Restylane has a higher safety factor.  Radiesse definitely lasts longer - no questions about it.  But I prefer Restylane due to its increased safety factor.  It can be melted away if you dont like it and it has a lower chance of infection.

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon