I Have Had Restylane Put in my Lips Oct 2012, I Have a Couple of Lumps That I Can Feel Still. Will These Go Away? (photo)

I was advised that the filler lasted up to 9 months. I am having fillers done agin this evening and am using Juverderm. Will this be ok and will it cover the lumps or make things worse for me? I get married in 6 months and do not want to have horrid bumby lips. this is a pic of my lips today attached.

I Have Had Restylane Put in my Lips Oct 2012, I Have a Couple of Lumps That I Can Feel Still. Will These Go Away?

+1

Given that your last injection was in October 2012 and it was your lips, you probably do not have any or much product anymore.  Lips have a lot of movement; therefore, we tend to break down product earlier than one year.  Bumps still lingering may be product left or scar tissue.  I recommend you go to an experienced injector so they can exam your lips and inject where and as needed.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and unevenness to lips

+1

It is possible that you developed scar tissue in the injection site. It would be good to see in person and assess the best avenue at that time. Best of luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Lip area Juvederm treatment 10 mos post

+1

After 6-9 months, the body will eat up the filler. The uneven texture of the lip can possibly be fixed with more filler depending on the area. Everyone responds differently. I would recommend discussing your concerns and wishes with the injector.