Does Restylane Cause Puffiness in Hollow Tear Troughs?

I have hollow tear troughs with thin skin but heard that fillers cause puffiness when injected into that area. My eyes don't have any bags now, I am only 22. Should I just except my hollow eyes? I'd prefer hollow to puffy any day.

Restylane is one of the best fillers for under the eyes

+4
Restylane is my favorite filler for the tear troughs. It shouldn't look puffy uf an expert injector with lots of experience treating this area treats you. Make sure you do your homework and only go to a specialist (dermatologist, plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon) who also has lots of experience treating this very important area.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Tear troughts and restylane

+2

If you have prominent tear troughs, filler may be a great way to camouflage the depressed area.   YOu will need to have a consultation first.

Restylane for prominent tear troughs

+2

Restylane is a good option for filling prominent tear trough deformities. It can cause some puffiness but this is typically short lived. I would ask your physician to inject small amounts at a time and gradually add some additional product to avoid this problem. If it should occur, then it can be treated with hyaluronidase.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

When Hollow Tear Troughs are treated with Restylane by an Inexperienced Injector Unflattering Puffiness may Result

+2

Regarding: "Does Restylane Cause Puffiness in Hollow Tear Troughs?
I have hollow tear troughs with thin skin
but heard that fillers cause puffiness when injected into that area. My eyes don't have any bags now, I am only 22. Should I just except my hollow eyes? I'd prefer hollow to puffy any day
."

Restylane is a safe "volumizer". It will produce as "what you see is what you get" volume wherever it is placed by your injector. If placed in small amounts, the amount of volume added will be correspondingly small but if placed in larger amounts, it will add a large volume. It will NOT cause puffiness unless a large volume was added by an inexperienced injector.

You state that you ALREADY have "hollow tear troughs". Unfortunately, if you have them at age 22 they will get progressively worse in the coming years as your cheeks continue to sag and expose the underlying lower rim of the eye socket. To correct matters, EITHER the cheek need to be lifted to its original position OR volume must be added in the valley between the outer bulge of the lower lid and the bulging of sagging cheek. The volume could be fat or Restylane. Obviously, it takes skill to add the proper amount of Restylane just over the bony ledge of the lower eye socket rim without getting puffiness. But it is done many times a day all over the world by experienced Plastic surgeons.

Choose your injector carefully and you can smooth your hollow tear troughs.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Filler with Retylane for tear trough or lower eyelid hollowness

+2
You might be a good candidate for treatmennt of the lower eyelid hollowness because you're not puffy. The experienced doctor you choose to see will put a small amount in the area but if it is too much for you then hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve it, and you won't have to live with the volume.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Restylane Cause Puffiness in Hollow Tear Troughs

+2

As you can read Restylane  can improve this issue very easily. Seek expert injections to discuss this therapy in person. Always ask for less injected so you can build it up in multiple sessions. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Restylane is a great treatment for hollow tear troughs

+2

If you have unwanted hollowness under your eyes,  Restylane is the best treatment available.  However, as mentioned by the other doctors, it is key to go to a cosmetic surgeon who is skilled and experienced with injections around the eyes.  People tend to mistakenly think of Restylane as just a product rather than a treatment performed by the doctor.

Another issue is that some time Restylane injections under the eyes can cause puffiness due to increased swelling under the eyes.  Restylane works by absorbing fluid from your body.  If your eyelids have a tendency to swell frequently (like in the morning after a salty meal) you may develop swelling from the Restylane which could make you look puffy. Swelling also is more common in people with ocular allergies.  Swelling usually only lasts for a week or two, but rarely the swelling can be long term.  The good news is that if you are one of those rare patients who gets prolonged swelling, the Restylane can be dissolved and the swelling should go away within a day or two.

Hope this is helpful.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane Should Not Cause Lower Lid Puffiness, Poor Injectors Will

+2

Hi True S. Bell,

It sounds as if you may benefit from a very small amount of Restylane in your lower lid hollow.  If performed properly by an experienced, skilled physician, you should not experience puffiness.  Make sure that you choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Given your age, you should do fabulous with undereye filler.

+2

Dear True

There is no substitute for an actual in person consultation.  Generally 22 year olds don't need a lot of filler and have excellent skin integrity.  This all helps to minimize the risk of puffiness.  The key is finding an injector who does a lot of under eye treatment.  Avoid injectors who are not comfortable working near the eyes.  By the way, this type of treatment often provides benefit for close to 2 years.

Restylane is best fillers for under eyes

+1

Restylane can cause puffiness for two to three weeks after that it should look great. Restylane will work great.

Jhonny Salomon, MD