Restylane for Pinched Side of Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I had Rhinoplasty over 10 years ago. Overall, I'm happy with the results and glad that I did it. However, it has always bugged me a little bit that one side is more "pinched" than the other.

Would this be an instance when a filler such as Restylane would be recommended?

Fillers in nose after rhinoplasty not advisable

+1

It is not advisable to have any fillers or injectables placed in the nose after a rhinoplasty. There have been multiple severe complications from injecting fillers, including necrosis of the nose.

Restylane to contour the nose, Restylane Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Adogg

Thank you for your excellent question. Restylane is an excellent product for shaping the nose, particularly after a rhinoplasty surgery. It is also good for primary contouring of a nose - if you have not had surgery. It is nice to have it done with the area frozen and you will see immediate results. Injections to the nose with fillers are 'off' label as far as the FDA is concerned but there are numerous publications on the safe application of Restylane to shape the nose. see the results at www.drtrevorborn.com.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Tip of Nose Is Problematic

+1

I think injections of any material into the delicate nasal tip should be done with extreme caution.  I personally will not do it although I know of others who do.  I have seen pictures at meetings of some serious complications associated with fillers in the nasal tip.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for Pinched Side of the Nose

+1

Yes, it works great. The good thing is that Restylane comes in a small syringe 0.4ml which is enough for these minor defects. Just have to be careful not to place it too superficial. I have also noticed that with repeated applications it get easier to fill up the defect and the frequency of treatments decreases.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon