Can Restylane or Perlane Be Used for Volume Restoration if One Has Already Had Radiesse and Juvederm?

I am trying to save money by finding Groupon deals. I have had one treatment of radiesse and juvederm. Now I am seeing deals for restylane and perlane. My goal is volume restoration, reducing NL folds and tractioning out some bagginess under the eyes. Are all of these compatible? I am in my mid 40s and also use retin A at night.

Restylane over Juvederm

+3

Dear KSAF,

• Yes you can layer the products on top of each other
  • As far as Groupon deals go, just make sure you look up the office that is doing the injections and look up some reviews that it is a quality place
  • The fee splitting is not really your concern, that is the doctor's
  • Ultimately, you should find someone who you trust and is reasonable in price
  • Injecting under the eyes is the most difficult place to inject and you need someone who knows exactly what they are doing

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

+2

In the hands of an experienced injector, Juvederm/ Restylane/ Perlane/ Belotero perform similarly. Radiesse is also excellent but not used in all of the regions where the other fillers can be used. The issue is that excellent injectors do not offer Groupon deals. It is true that you get what you pay for. The risk is that a Groupon injector will not have the experience or provide the level of service that a traditional Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist run practice will provide. For that reason, I typically recommend that people wait and save in order to afford treatment by an exceptional injector. I wish you the best and hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for volume

+2

Be careful what you wish for. Be careful who you go to for these services. The law is not clear but these can be considered fee splitting which is illegal in medicine. Best to find a qualified doctor and pay the reasonable fee.

Can Restylane or Perlane be used for Volume Restoration

+2

Be very, very, very careful when getting Groupon deals for things like fillers and Botox. In many states this is also illegal because it's called fee splitting. When you select deals for fillers and Botox, you will often get what you pay for - an inexperienced person doing the injections, or black or gray market injectables being used. I've had "Groupon" patients come in with some of the worst problems I've ever seen, including infections, wrong products, products used in the wrong areas, etc. Remember these are medical procedures. Would you try to get a Groupon for a surgery? Probably not, right? So don't mess with your face either! It's not worth it to save a few dollars here and there. To answer your other question, yes, you can have Restylane and Perlane in conjunction with Radiesse and Juvederm.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1

Yes, you can stack product on top a previous filler, this will help create volume and promote a longer lasting result. I wouldn't recommend purchasing a Groupon deal for any medical procedures, I suggest you save your money until you're ready and seek a reputable board certified physician to ensure a result you wish to achieve