Restylane in Palpebro Malar Groove?

I have asked this before but I only used the expression lateral lower eyelid..I have had some restylane SubQ which has improved things, but I still have considerable hollowing in this area...how close to lower eyelashes can filler be put?

The subq was put right on my orbital bone, when I smile I still have horizontal wrinkles (folds) on my orbital bone. I have a "shelf look" when I smile. I do not want surgery as I already have a failed MFL and now have bilateral HPG insitu.

Restylane in the skin right under the eyelashes of the lower eyelid

+1

Restylane injections in this area, of the superficial skin below the eyelashes, could cause more obvious lumps and swelling. It is an off-label use.  

Using Restylane around the eyes is an off-label application

+1

Using Restylane around the eyes is an off-label application.  In the right hands, it can be done.  I use it all the way up to the eyelashes, but it’s a technically difficult procedure and most doctors don’t do that.  Nor do I recommend that they do if they are not oculoplastic surgeons highly trained in Restylane injections.  Most doctors will use it under the skin at the level of the orbital rim (the edge of the eye bone).  Using it in the eyelid for fine wrinkles is a newer technically difficult procedure which can cause lumps and bruising if not done correctly.  I use a cannula needle which tends to cause less bruising.  If you’re going to have that done, you really need to go to a specialist who is an oculoplastic surgeon and who has a lot of experience with fillers.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Wrinkles With Smiling

+1

Ernurse,

Wrinkles that form with muscle activity should not be treated with Restylane.  Instead, talk to your injector about having BOTOX injected into the orbicularis muscle.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hollowing around the orbit and loose skin of the eyelids are two different problems

+1

Hollowing around the orbit and loose skin of the eyelids are two different problems. The first can be treated with fillers and the second with peels or lasers.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist