Can Restylane Be Used on Nasal Base Area?

Could Restylane be used immediately underneath one nostril to correct (or test the correction of) an asymmetry?

Restylane on nasal base area

+1

Restylane is primarily used as a temporary cutaneous filler for rhytids and depressions such as those found in the nasolabial and perioral regions. It can be used on the nasal base area; however, I question the rationale. If the problem is an acute nasolabial angle, there are better approaches and substances that may be employed.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane or Juvederm to correct asymmetry

+1

Fillers, including Restylane and Juvederm, can most certainly be used to augment the lower nostril without treating the other side. It may not raise it perfectly but it may help enough to make you happy. Some patients might not get any lift and the lip under the nostril might stick out a little more, so the injection, when done, should be peformed slowly to see how the nostril lifts.

Fillers are great for correcting asymmetry

+1

FIllers such as restylane or nay other hyaluronic acid can be used to fill out the nasal base that may be asymmetric. It is a great way to see if the asymmetry can be corrected. 

Restylane to the nasal base

+1

Restylane can be used for the purpose that you described. In fact, for correcting this kind of asymmetry, Restylane would probably be my filler of choice because it is relatively forgiving. For this sensitive area of the face, I would recommend an infraorbital nerve block and/or topical anesthetic cream prior to injection.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Pretty much if you can conceive it, it can be done with Restylane!

+1

Dear Marlin

Restylane and Perlane are hyaluronic acid fillers. They can be used with great effect to modify the shape of the the nose including the nasal base. I would recommend that you find a comsetic dermatologist in your area that does a lot of filler treatment and is open to working with you. This will keep you out of the hands of surgeons who might push you to have surgery instead. I would avoid Juvederm for this application. The smoothness of the product means that it is less likely to have a lasting localized fill effect and will be less effective in controlling the nasal base.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Can Restylane be used to correct minor nostril asymmetries?

+1

Yes, minor irregularities of the nostrils can be corrected with Restylane. It is a good way to correct minor irregularities without surgery. It is also a good way to "Test-drive" what you could look like after a surgical procedure, which would be a permanent fix. Good luck.

Restylane to correct nostril asymmetry

+1

Providing there is no local infection, all Hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Juvederm etc) can be safely used to correct minor asymmetries at the base of the nostrils, or anywhere else on the face.

Dr. P. Aldea