Can I Go Back to Work 4 Days After Restylane?

I want to get Restylane for my nasolabial folds as well as the area on the corner of my mouth. I have an appointment for Monday and may need to be back to work by Thursday. Is it realistic to get back to work in 4 days without it being noticeable? One MD office said it takes a week for swelling to go down, and another nurse said you can go back to work (not noticeable) the next day.

You should be able to return to work the next day after Restylane

+1

Swelling is usually not the issue when treating the nasolabial folds. Bruising is usually more of an issue but usually can be easily concealed with make-up. Application of arnica or vitamin K creams can help resolve the bruising quicker. However swelling is more of the issue with lip augmentation. It can last for 24-48 hours so lip augmentation should be done where you have no major functions for at least 2 days.

I hope that helps!

Austin Dermatologist

Recovery after Restylane is Straighforward

+1

After Restylane, you may get some bruising and swelling, but this is minimal and the bruising (if any occurs at all) can be covered up with make-up. Many of my patients go back to work the same day! As long as you're not on any blood thinners or have any ongoing skin infections, you should be safe going back to work after 4 days. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Little bruising is associated with the nasolabial treatment.

+1

Dear Jmccar

Generally, there is very little brusing associated with filling the nasolabial folds with Restylane. Almost all of our patients return to work within hours of treatment.

To minimize downtime, avoiding herbal products like Ginko, and aspirin like products for about ten days is very helpful.

Blocking out 4 days of work after a Restylane treatment is a bit excessive. Even when treating the under eye area which is more prone to bruising than is the perioral area, most people take no time off from work.

Dr. Steinsapir

Most of our patients return to work the next day

+1

When injecting Restylane we use a very small needle.  Bruising is rare and almost everyone can return to work the next day.  Avoid taking aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Vitamin E, and similar blood thinning medications for one week prior to your appointment so that chances of bruising are diminished.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon