Can I Use Restylane on my Nose?

I know in Asia, they use restylane raise the bridge of the nose to make it more prominent. Is it possible? Also how much it will cost.

Restylane and nose injection

+1

Yes, it's absolutely appropriate to use Restylane or other dermal fillers to build up the bridge of your nose. However, this area is highly vascular and you need to be sure you meet with a well-trained and experienced injector to assess your need- for a safe and effective outcome.

Using filler for non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

There are some risks from attempting to modify the appearance of the nose using filler, which is also known as a non-surgical rhinoplasty.  The most serious side effect is necrosis, or death of the skin.

Filler may do the following:

1) Mildly lift a drooping tip
2) Augmentation of the nasal dorsum  

Only a small amount of filler may be used and it must be injected slowly to limit the above risks.  If you decided to seek this type of treatment, I would recommend seeing a surgeon who is comfortable with these injections.

A great surgical option for augmentation of the nasal dorsum is using diced cartilage and wrapping it in deep temporalis fascia, which may be harvested from the scalp.  This can produce a natural result that is readily accepted by the body.  Thanks and I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal contouring with a filler

+1

Nasal contouring with a filler like restylane is a safe and effective option that in some cases can avoid the need for surgery, or allow you to see what the nose would look like before having a rhinoplasty. Typically the filler (e.g. restylane or juvederm) will last about 1 year in this location. Make sure a dermatologist or plastic surgeon is injecting this important area for optimal symmetry and safety.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for nasal contouring.

+1

Fillers are a great way to explore nasal contouring with little recovery and minor expense. Make sure you seek advice from someone with a good deal of experience.

By initially using a filler (temporary results) you can see the results and decide if the look is something you like and can then proceed with permanent changes with a rhinoplasty.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for Nose

+1

Non surgical rhinoplasty using restylane, juvederm, or radiesse is possible. While rhinoplasty is more definitive, non surgical rhinoplasty can last well over a year. Prices will vary regarding where you have the treatment and the number of syringes that you need. It starts at $600.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Restylane to Nose Area...

+1

Most definitely you can have Restylane injected to the bridge of the nose.  Please make sure you go to an experienced injector.  You can really get nice results with Restylane or even Perlane in the nose.  Prices vary on how many syringes you need to achieve optimal results. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Restylane for nose contouring

+1

I use Restylane Perlane or Radiesse for contouring the nose .I have some patients well over a year and half out from the filler and it looks the same as the day it went in, fully corrected. Surgery is always more definitive but also is much more involved. Fillers for nose contouring in the right hands can be done in minutes rather than hours and with little to no anesthesia, with little to no discomfort. So a quick, simple, safe, effective result can be achieved in experienced hands , in the office, at a fraction of the cost of surgery and without all of the risks of surgery . The downside is that it may not be permanent and may need a touch up in the future. Speak with your dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon to find out more  

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Fillers to nose

+1

If you want dorsal augmentaion, the filler material will not be permanent. You may want a formal rhinoplasty to get a long lasting result.

Raising the bridge using Restylane

+1

Enhancing the bridge with Restylane is a great way to change your profile in a subtle way. Cost can vary depending on the injector and the location of the clinic. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified surgeon in your area to go over options. They might be able to morph your profile picture with you. This will allow you to see your results and discuss your goals with the doctor.
Best of luck to you!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane in the nose

+1

Fillers, such as Restylane, are commonly used to raise the height of the nasal bridge.  The cost will depend on how much filler you will need to achieve the results you are looking for.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in Asian noses to assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD