When Will I See Final Restylane Results?

I recently had Restylane for marionette lines (2 days ago) and I feel it may have been overdone. Am I seeing the final result right now? Also, is there anything that can be done if this is it?

Expectations with Restylane Results

+1

As the other panel members suggested, it is too early to realize the final results after receiving any cosmetic dermal filler. Post-injection swelling is a factor as well as the product benefiting from the hydrophilic action over the next 2 weeks. This means that the Restylane will continue to add volume to this area.

If, after 2 weeks, you believe that you have too much filling effect, you should return for an evaluation. Many practitioners are able to dissolve/reverse the product. Most importantly, you should discuss any questions or concerns with your practitioner earlier rather than later. This is a good example of why involving the patient in the teaching process and treatment plan before the procedure is imperative.

The below link offers further information on expectations and outcomes.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/Celibreblog/

Restylane for marionette lines

+1

The final results of your filler should occur 2 weeks following your injection so it is premature at this point to pass judgment. The considerable swelling you are experiencing at this point is normal. With Restylane, if in 2 weeks you still feel you received an excessive amount of material, some of it can be dissolved with a solution of hyaluronidase.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Results after Restylane

+1

With hyaluronic fillers like Restylane, there is usually an initial period of swelling that goes down after several days.  Then, the results remain the same for at least 6 to 9 months.  

If you don't feel you have complete correction, you can always add more.

Miami Dermatologist

Restylane results visible by about two weeks

+1

Restylane works by holding fluid. Soon after the injection there is often swelling. You often cannot distinguish between extra filler and swelling. I ask my patients to wait two weeks before we do any type of touch up or adjustment to a filler treatment.

If, at that time, you would like to have some of the product removed, it can be done quite easily with an injection of Hyaluronidase which will dissolve the filler that day.

The only downside is that you may loose more of the filler than you want and further treatment may be needed in the near future. The good news is that, at worst, you'll go back to looking like you did prior to the Restylane treatment.

Hope this is helpful.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon