Does Restylane Last Longer After the Second or Third Injection?

I've had a non surgical nose job using restylane 2 months ago and i was happy with the results but i have seen some of the results go already. I was told that when injected on top of the nose bridge (just under the forehead) the results usually last 8-12 months and even a bit more after the second or third injection because there is still some filler left, is this true?

Restylane in nose

+1

Filling the nasal bridge with restylane or other fillers are all temporary. Sure, additional product may "top off" and last longer.  A rhinoplasty is permanent.

Probably

+1

About a year ago the people of Medicis, the Dermatology Company, were trying to convince us that this was indeed the case. They pointed to studies that showed that giving a boost of Restylane at the six month mark, would keep the treated lines away for 18 months. I tend to think this may be true, but am not absolutely certain. 
    The claim is based on the possibility  that the product itself may enhance the production of collagen. Kinda of an irritant effect the same way IPL, lasers and the Derma Roller are. Also, some of the Restylane at 6 months is still around and the injection at that point has an additive affect. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Restylane last longer after the second or third injection

+1

No! Where did you get that idea from? Restylane's range of effectiveness is from 2 to 6 months depending on amounts injected and metabolism of the injectee. Regards from MIAMI Dr. B

Restylane and Juvederm can last longer after multiple treatments

+1

There are a number of patients that notice longer duration effectiveness after multiple sessions with fillers. More collagen of your own may be produced as a result of the fillers and may add to the duration of the filler's effect. This doesn't happen with all patients but I do see it with both fine lines and with panfacial volume augmentation where sunken cheeks and droopy eyebrows and sunken temples are corrected.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Yes and this has been proven

+1

Several peer reviewed studies have verified that there are cumulative benefits to Restylane and that it is best to do a touch up between 4-8 months so a result can last close to 18 months. The study was done on nasolabial folds, but this is a wonderful non-surgical options to reshape a bump on the nose as well.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Restylane and juvederm may last longer with repeat injections

+1
The duration of effect with hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers varies with the location where they are injected. Studies show that if a repeat injection is done before the effect has completely worn off it will last longer than if you wait until it is all gone.

Richard Baxter, MD

Duration of effect of Restylane

+1

The duration of effect of Restylane is six to eight months. In certain areas of the face, it lasts less than this. There is a theory that over time the injection causes a collagen reaction in the skin which can make the effect appear to last longer.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon