Restylane Lip Injections? (photo)

I had restylane injected on the sides and center of my upper lip. I'm satisfied with the size, however one side is larger than the other and I have what looks like a gap in the center part if my lips. I had the injections 4 days ago. My question is how do I fix the gap? I've already had the doc fill more restylane in the center and it didn't fix it at all.

Restylane for the lips

+1

Soft tissue filler injections such as Restylane into the lips may cause swelling and potential unevenness for the first 1-2 weeks, so best to wait for the material to settle and then assess the results.

Toronto Dermatologist

Restylane for lips

+1

You need to wait at least 2 weeks for more filler to the lips. Your lips can swell after a injection and it's common to have uneven swelling. Follow up with your injector in 2 weeks.

Restylane and lips

+1

I would suggest waiting up to two weeks to do anything further to your lip/lips. Often there will be diminished swelling by that time, and the problem could resolve on its own.

Sam Naficy, MD

Restylane lip injections

+1

You will still be swollen 4 days after your treatment, and swelling can result in asymmetry. Give it at least 2 weeks before coming to any conclusions about the final result. I would recommend speaking with your provider regarding any concerns in the meantime. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane Lip Injections?

+1

Restylane to the lips can result in significant swelling and bruising.  Wait at least 2 weeks before determining if there is asymmetry.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Restylane lip injections

+1

You should wait 2 weeks for the swelling to subside.  If you are still unhappy with your results, please return to your injector for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Swelling from Restylane lip injections

+1

It is always advisable to wait at least one and preferably two weeks for all of the swelling to resolve before assessing the results of filler injections, especially a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane. I always recommend waiting several weeks for the swelling to go down after the treatment before worrying about any long-term adverse effects or considering any "touch-up" treatments such as additional filler injections or reversing the treatment using hyaluronidase.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation 4 days ago.

+1

At 4 days after lip injection, I would wait and see how they look at two weeks when the swelling subsides.

Lip augmention

+1

If you were comfortable with the injection after your appointment and 4 days later you are dissatisfied, it is most likely swelling to the area.  Try not to touch the area!  Follow up with the injector once the swelling has settled. 

Cheryl Eberting, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologist

Bumps and gaps after Restylane to lips

+1

4 days ago is way too soon to be making adjustments and adding more Restylane. You have swelling and you have bruising. Don't press on your lips; please don't try to move the filler into this spot yourself either as you can inadvertently move it into a bad spot or create arterial blockage. Let them be for a minimum of 10 days, or 14 preferably, and then assess if you need any adjusting.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD