I Got Restylane Last Week to Fix a Dent in Nose After Rhinoplasty, and Just Found out I'm Pregnant?

Hi there, I got rhinoplasty last month and ended up with a big indent on the tip of my nose that my doctor injected with Restylane to correct and a little botox between my eyes. I just found out I am pregnant, newly! Yes, I know I should wait 6 weeks post surgery to have sex, but we didn't. Is my baby going to be okay?? I never thought in a million that I would be, my cycle is all over the place and I am 38. Please tell me what to do.

I got Restylane and found out I'm pregnant

+2

First, congratulations! Second, remain calm. This happens all the time and trust me when I say you are not the first person to have this happen. Even this week I had a call from a patient this happened to. While we don't recommend getting Botox or fillers when you are pregnant the reason is because we don't study it because we never would. There are no reports of it causing any issues, but we just don't put a pregnant women in any kind of place where we could test that. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

+1

Most medical providers wouldn't recommend having fillers, Botox, or laser treatments while pregnant or breast feeding but It would be highly unlikely to effect your baby.

Good luck and congratulations on the pregnancy