Risky to Use Both Restylane and Juvederm?

Can I use Restylane around my tear troughs and Juvederm plus around my nasal area down to mouth corners? Or am I putting my self at risk?

Restylane and Juvederm Combination

+1

There is no cumulative risk in using the combination of dermal fillers. Patients in our practice frequently combine restylane and juvederm.

There is no problem.

+1

There is no problem in combining these two dermal fillers. They can be used in the same area if desired, but I don't understand the need of combining them in the same patient. Both Allergan (Juvederm) and Galderma/QMed-Medicis (USA)(Restylane) have a broad scope of products to treat all facial areas in the same individual.

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm + restylane

+1

I'm not sure why you would switch off, but what the heck. It doesn't make a difference. enjoy.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Combining Fillers

+1

Using a combination of dermal fillers as you describe is perfectly safe and appropriate.  This particular plan exploits the subtle differences amongst available products and is a very sound treatment strategy.  

Brian M. Braithwaite, MD

Restylane and Juvederm Together?

+1

Hi Chikitta.  Both of these products are very appropriate for the areas you have noted and they are fine when used together.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

No greater risk

+1

There is no evidence that you are putting yourself at more risk by having two different products used in different places. There are risks of each procedure individually and that should be discussed by your physician.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Not risky to use both Restylane and Juvederm

+1

Both Restylane and Juvederm are hyaluronic acid fillers. They can be used interchangeably and in different parts of the face at the same time. HA fillers can also be used in conjunction with other different type fillers, such as Sculptra. Sculptra takes weeks to have full effect and HAs can be added to give a much more immediate response.

I have also used Radiesse and HA in the same area at the same time too with no problem whatsoever. The Radiesse is injected deeper and the HA more superficial in a sandwich type of technique that provides a much better and longer aesthetic effect than each alone.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist

Facial Fillers

+1

Not sure why you would be mixing the two, but to my knowledge there is no added risk to using both products in the face.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Restylane and Juvederm

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as restylane or juvederm can be used separately or in conjunction to fill areas of facial depressions.  I do not see the point of mixing the two but it certainly can be done.

No risk at all

+1

Physicians often use a variety of facial fillers when rejuvenating the face. I particularly like to use Restylane in the tear-trough area. You will find the Juvederm will be smooth in the cheek folds. Occasionally we even layer the products, putting the thicker product deep and the thinner product more superficial. You will not be putting yourself at any risk, whatsoever, using a combination of products.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon