Which Filler is Best for Laugh Lines, Restylane, Juvederm, or Radiesse?

All fillers good for laugh lines

+1

All three of these fillers are good for treating the laugh lines. Restylane and Juvederm are very similar and last about 4-8 months initially. Upon repeated use, they can last over a year. Both of these products are clear so they will not "show" through the skin.

There is medication that can be used to make both of these fillers "melt away" sooner if you don't like the result. Radiesse is also good for treating the laugh lines. It is a white color so if placed too superficially, it can show through or make lumps. There is no medication that will make Radiesse melt away sooner. If bumps form, they may have to be removed by making little punctures in the skin and manually removing them. Radiesse does last longer than the other two, especially initially.

Let your surgeon pick the best filler based on his experience with them.

Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for laugh lines

+1

Radiesse, Restylane, and Juvederm are all great products and can treat this area. Most physicians have a personal preference which dictates what they use. Radiesse can last up to 1 1/2 years, while Juvederm and Restylane last 6-8 months. Ask your physician which product he/she recommends based on his/her preference; you won't go wrong with any of these. Good luck, /nsn.

A combination of fillers may give you the best results for laugh lines

+1

Radiesse ($630-750/syringe) does great for the nasolabial grooves and for the corners of the mouth, but sometimes, you still have a thin crease overlying the areas especially at the sides of the mouth which Juvederm or Restylane ($550/syringe) does great to fine tune these areas.

Web reference: http://www.DrDavidHansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for laugh lines

+1

Facial expression lines from aging can be treated with facial fillers to soften their appearance.  Radiesse, restylane, and juvederm all can be used to accomplish this.

All Good

+1

Radiesse is maybe the most effective filler for this area. The only reason I coat my reply with a maybe is that there are reports of lump formation with Radiesse. If this forms, they are hard to extract and can last 1 1/2 years.

For that reason many of us prefer a hyaluronic acid filler. I like Juvederm Ultra for milder laugh lines and Juvederm Ultra Plus or Perlane for deeper laugh lines. The Juvederm Ultra is smoother and more moldable for the milder laugh lines and that is why I prefer it.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist