Restylane Vs. Juvederm for Plumping Lips?

I'm 22 years old and i'm getting into modeling. signed up with a huge modeling agency this month and i'm very keen to get lips like maybe close to angelina or scarlet johanson. my lips are normal sized not thin at all. should i opt for restylane or juvederm? please help!! i heard restylane lipp is specially for the lips and even juvederm ultra plus is for lip volume? please tell me which one to go for to specifically increase volume plumpness.

Fillers for the lips

+3

You are choosing 2 great products that are commonly used in the lips. Your doctor can help you decide which is best based on what look you are going for. The great thing about either one of  them is that should they overdo your lips, or your modelling agency prefers the old you,  it can be reversed within minutes with an injection of a enzyme that will dissolve the product. I treat models and they usually do very well with more subtle changes (remember most agencies are highly selective and would not choose you should you need more cosmetic procedures to look good).

My advice is to go with the "less is more" as you can always put more in and you may be surprised how good your lips look with just a small amount of product. Lastly, Angelina's lips only look good on certain faces. If you do no have some of her other facial features, you may look unnatural with her lips so beware and pick a doctor who is an artist at what they do. Ask to see an example of a lip they have done and see if you like it.... then proceed as you feel is best. Good luck

Boulder Dermatologist

Fillers for lips

+3

I won't answer your answer completely, as I have limited Juvederm experience.

I would recommend that you NOT use Restylane. In fact, I advise you to forget Restylane. Restylane is a great product don't get me wrong. The company who makes it is Medicis, and l they came out with a new product called Perlane which is very similar to Restylane in all practical regards, except that it lasts twice as long, and costs about the same.

Alternatively, you may want to opt for lip augmentation. I have added a link to my site so that you can see the procedure.

Scroll down to the lip aug video. By the way, I would be interested in feedback on the video if you have time. Thanks

Good luck to you.

Web reference: http://www.southlakeplasticsurgeon.com/inthenews.html

Juvederm vs Restylane for lip augmentation in a young model

+2

If you have a busy modeling career, you will want to avoid the "just injected look" vs the "I almost need filler" cycle, since it can come back to haunt you in that photos taken over time show differences in lip size.

If you have one doctor do all your work, and you have it done at frequent intervals, you can avoid this problem.

We prefer Juvederm XC because it clumps less.

But as a number of the doctors have already indicated, pick a top doctor, not the product, if you want your best result.

Hyaluronic acid fillers for the lips

+2

Both restylane and juvederm work for plumping of the lips and I currently use both products. However, I will say from personal experience I prefer Juvederm for the lips since it seems to last a little bit longer and tends to be a little smoother in the lips. In other areas of the face they are more interchangeable. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Actually, a combination approach might be best

+2
First, the good news: you no longer need nerve blocks to get your lips done. New Juvederm XC and Restylane L have added lidocaine. When you first use a topical anesthetic for the initial needle stick, and have an expert inject antegrade and slowly, significant bruising and pain are a thing of the past. I like Restylane, which is a bit stiffer to line and define the lips, and hands down, Juvederm Ultra Plus is the best plumper because it is so soft. An expert can make sure your lips have shape and do not look like sausages. Do your homework in your area to find an artist/doctor.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Pick your lip injector, not the product

+2

Natural, natural, natural is the key. I personally only use Restylane and I am not a big fan of juvederm beacuse it seems to hold in the tissue a little less well in my hands. Others will disagree. Here is the real key. A good injector can work with any of the products you have mentioned and get a fabulous result. But this is an art form. The actual HA filler used to accomplish the treatment is way less important than the artistic eye of the person doing the treatment.

So don't get bogged down by the product. Focus instead on who will be doing the treatment. Great treatments don't look like anything but your own big beautiful lips. Bad treatments are, well, awful. Stay away from products that can't be adjusted. Never get silicone oil no matter how persuasive the injector. 

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Lip augmentation

+1
Both Juvederm and Restylane are made of hyaluronic acid. It seems as though juvederm has a higher concerntration of hyaluronic acid and draws more water and thus swelling. This is why I prefer restylane for the eyelids, and exactly why I prefer juvederm for the lips. Be careful not to get overfilled and avoid that duckbill look. Congrats and have fun with the new career.
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip fillers

+1
You are choosing two great hyaluronic acid fillers for the lip area. We use both of them at our office. The experience of the injector is very important, it takes an artistic eye.

Restylane L and Juvederm XC both will do fine for lip augmentation

+1
Lip augmentation requires more artistry and skills compared to nasolabial fold correction. Thus, picking the right aesthetic board-certified physician is the most important decision. Ask for Restylane-L or Juvederm-XC as both now contain lidocaine and involve much less pain and discomfort. Remember, the first time you get lip augmentation, less is better. You can always go back and get a bit more. Swelling for the first couple days is to be expected and make good use of ice compress.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Cosmetic_Dermatology.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers

+1
As a first time candidate for lip fillers, I'd advise you to choose Restylane or Juvaderm Ultra. The fillers give plenty of volume and have a natural feel. If any asymmetry results from the procedure a touch up with Restylane .4cc can easily be performed. The results can easily last 6 months and the costs are modest. Definitive lip implants can cause infection, long term asymmetry and swelling that are more of a challange to treat. Until you are ready to embrace such risks go with the injectable fillers!!!
Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon