How Much Restylane or Juvaderm is Typically Used?

Do most people require more than one syringe? Like for lips and 11 lines how many syringes?

Filler syringes

+1

It is hard to say what you would need without an exam but usually 1 syringe is used on the lips.  Sometimes I use a second.   For the "11" lines, I try Botox first.

How much Restylane and Juvederm

+1

For most individuals, a single syringe is sufficient for lips and "11" lines. It depends on how much volume loss has occurred and volume correction is needed. I agree with Dr. Lupo that Botox approx 2 weeks prior to Restylane injection to the "11 lines" would give you the best results.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

It depends on your age

+1

Many people can have lips and glabellar lines done with one syringe, especially if you are under 40. Older patients may need more. I'd advise Botox first in the glabellar before the Restylane. In many cases, you won't need the Restylane, and if you still do, you will need less.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist