Restylane or Juvederm for Mild Smile Lines

28yrs of age. which 1 will be better for first time restylane or juvederm / ultra / ultra plus for mild smile lines. also whn i smile small lines appear at the cornet of my mouth. so wht wud be best filler for this. I have an uneven skin tone for which i am getting glycolic peel done ( jus one done so far). will IPL help in removing mild smile lines or its only filler. 2ndly i want to knw will ROC wrinkle cream help in removing forehead wrinkles as they r slightly visible

Perlane, Restylane, Juvederm for smile lines

+1

Restylane, Perlane and Juvederm are all hyaluronic acid fillers.  Perlane and Juvederm ultra plus are a little thicker than Restylane and Juvederm ultra.  The thicker products are better for areas where you need more volume, such as the cheeks, the perioral area.  The thinner products are better for fine lines, tear troughs, lips.  

That said, most doctors/injectors consider these products somewhat interchangable. 

Good luck.

Houston Dermatologist

Fillers for fine lines

+1

I prefer Juvederm for fine lines. The product is an excellent filler for mild to moderate fine lines, wrinkles, and depressions.( The Juvederm plus product is bulkier, better for deeper depressions.) I would treat your smile lines, corners of mouth, and any other area around your mouth with Juvederm. I prefer Juvederm to Restylane, I feel it less, it therefore is a bit more natural to me, and personally it seems to last longer than Restylane in the majority of my patients. It is my filler of choice both for my patients and myself. The IPL laser treatments work best for uneven skin tone and pigmentation, the treatment is less effective for wrinkles. I am not familiar with ROC wrinkle cream, however, topical products are far less effective for wrinkles that procedures. Certainly they go hand in hand with procedures and are recommended to prevent damage and protect the skin. RetinA is the best topical treatment for fine lines. Botox is also extremely effective in wrinkle reduction on the forehead.

Hayley Brown, MD

Fillers for smile lines

+1

Restylane or juvaderm are both great products to fil in small depressions.  Very fine lines may be hard to correct. The products are best for deep depressions.

Fillers for fine lines such as restylane and juvederm

+1

If juvederm ultra or restylane is used for fine smile lines you will have a comparable result but some doctores have their own preference. Juvederm ultra plus would be too thick as would Perlane for fine lines. Lines the are only seen with simiing near the mouth may not improve with filler because it may look lumpy at rest. Forehead lines are best treated with botox. No cream works well to improve forehead wrinkles that are related to muscle movement.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox is good for dynamic smile lines, filler and resurfacing can help static lines

+1

Restylane and Juvederm are both great options for filling and improving static lines and dynamic to a degree.  Ipl will, in my opinion, have little effect on the wrinkles. Glycolic peels can help to a minimal degree on fine lines and improving your general skin appearance. Resurfacing is another way to improve your wrinkles on your face by approaching from the outer skin side.  Whereas fillers approach the wrinkles from inside.

Botox is good for dynamic smile lines, filler and resurfacing can help static lines. Botox is a neuromuscular agent that blocks the action of muscles by acting on the nerves that innervate muscles.  The way you can tell if botox will work for you is to identify whether your smile lines or wrinkles are accentuated by the act of smiling or the muscles that move your face when you smile.  Botox is good for the wrinkles that increase in appearance with muscle movement.  If it is the wrinkles that are present when you are not moving a part of the face, botox will have less of an effect.  But botox will have an effect on those wrinkles getting deeper when you move your face.  But when your face is at rest the wrinkles that are there will not noticeably improve with botox.  One thing to realize is that if you use botox for a long time, your static wrinkles can improve but this takes a while.  Your cells in your skin have to remodel your skin where the static wrinkles are in order to improve those wrinkles which could take months and years.  Part of what makes wrinkles deeper are the the loss of volume in the face.  This places the skin closer to your muscles and hence when you move your muscles to smile or talk, there actions begin to have more effect on your skin and the effects are wrinkles with the movement.  The volume loss can help this situation by increasing the distance of your skin to your facial muscles.  Fillers are a temporary solution (anywhere from 6 months to a year) and Fat injections are more of a long term solution.  The YoungVolumizer is a great way to volumize your face.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choice of fillers is often doctors preference.

+1

Hi NHK

I am a huge Restylane and Perlane fan.  However, others love Juvederm.  One of advantages of Juvederm is its "smoothness" allows less than perfect treatments to soften afterward and is less likely to have lumps or bumps.  On the other hand, Restylane seems to hold much better when a specific volume effect is needed.  For the issues you are concerned with, you should do well with either product.  For the forehead wrinkles, the glycolic peels and ROC wrinkle cream are not too effective.  Consider BOTOX or Dysport for this issue.