How Much Restylane or Juvederm Will I Need to Get my Lips Looking Like This?

I'm going to add a photo of the lips I want and a photo of the lips I have

It’s hard to tell how much Juvederm or Restylane is required for your lips without seeing them

+2

It’s hard to tell how much Juvederm or Restylane is required for your lips without seeing them. You can’t plump up everyone’s lips to a certain standard because it depends on the shape of your individual lips as far as how much filler can be put in. We generally don’t want to put in too much Juvederm all at once because it can make lips look very un-natural. Sometimes what I’ll do is put in a vial of Juvederm, wait a month or more, and then do a second vial to build it up over time. But, keep in mind that if you have very thin lips, you’ll never achieve these very full lips because there’s not enough structure to support the volume.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eventual lip size & shape depends on what you have, at baseline and how much and well it is augmented

+2

In analyzing the photo submitted of your "desired result", the woman has a very full vermillion border (where lipstick is applied) but more importantly, her anatomical landmarks are attractive.  The central upper lip is remarkable for the "cupid's bow peak", which is very pronounced.  The central lower lip has two tubercles (bumps) which galvanize one's attention but apart from these, the volume is very smooth without any vertical lip lines apparent.  Apologies, but I couldn't review your actual photo so my guesstimate is predicated on limited data. 

Full lips occur most frequently in young individuals and ethnic (Asian, African and Latino) minorities.  The fullness of the lip in youth is due to the accumulation of fibrofatty tissue, which gradually dissipates with age.  Assuming you have a similar shape to the model, I would estimate that the effect could be produced with 2-3 syringes of either Restylane or Juvederm.  Maintenance of the desired effect will however require interval retreatment.  Remember, we are configured with the enzyme which breaks down hyaluronic acid, so your effect will need maintenance.  Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Juvederm for lips

+1

Every patient's lips are different and it is hard to say how much you would need.  Usually I start off with one syringe. Sometimes a 2nd syringe is necessary.

Restylane

+1

Fillers are used to augment your lips only. They can not be used to alter the shpae or form of your lips.  They are used to enhance the shape and augment the volume of your lips.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Lip augmentation

+1

The ultimate shape of the lips after enhancement will depend on the shape of your own lips. One can enhance what you have but it is impossible to give you someone else's looks or LIPS

How much Restylane or Juvederm will I need to get my lips looking like this

+1

Regarding : "How much Restylane or Juvederm will I need to get my lips looking like this?  I'm going to add a photo of the lips I want "

You did not add your picture. Without any idea of what your lips look like, it is impossible to answer your question.

ASSUMING they are average appearing lips, to turbo charge them to this pouty somewhat exaggerated look would require at least 2-3 syringes of Juvederm or Restylane.

Dr. Aldea

Two syringes of either restylane or juvederm will give full pouty lips.

+1

Two syringes of either restylane or juvederm will give big pouty lips for around $550-600 per syringe.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

How much filler for desired lips

+1

Everyone's lips are different. Be very careful about looking at someone else's lips and wishing they were on your face.  Faces are designed proportionally and large lips on a narrow face may look unnatural.  You have not enclosed a picture of your current lips but the lips in the photo that you desire can be achieved with the right injecting physician if they are right for your face...  Do know that with Restylane and Juvederm swelling right after the procedure is normal and so the lips will look different 1-3 days after compared to 2 weeks later and one year later. Seek out a skilled injector in your area and look at their before and afters before proceeding.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

How much juvederm for perfect lips?

+1

Every patient is different so the amount needed varies by patient. Also, the patient should have realistic expectations. Everyone's lips are different and not everyone can have "perfect" appearing lips with a filler. In skilled hands, your lips will look better ; however, they many never match a model's picture from a magazine.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

How much Restylane or Juvederm for lip augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation using fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm is an excellent way to improve volume, pout, and definition of the lips.  When receiving injections to the lips, your desirable outcome should appear full, but natural.  It should also feel natural.  Nobody wants to kiss hard stiff lips.  Keeping the lips supple while at the same time enhancing volume is a skill.  Typically, at least one syringe is necessary depending on the baseline appearance.  Consult an injector with significant experience in lip augmentation.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon