I Had Restylane Injections For Nose To Mouth Lines, Is It Too Early To See Final Result?

I had Restlane injections for my nose to mouth area, it looked great at first, now the swelling has gone the lines are back this was five days ago, is it too early to see the final result? im very disapointed

+1

After fillers it's very common to have swelling for the first 2-3 weeks. Once the area has healed patients tend to think the product is gone but in reality the inflammation has settled and you are able to see your final result. In my opinion, you were probably under-dosed and would benefit from another syringe to achieve full correction

Restylane filler.

+1

Please wait another week to see your final result. If you are not happy, please return to your injector for assessment. You may require more Restylane.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Disappointed with Restylane

+1

If you liked the Restylane at first and now your are not satisfied my guess is that you just need more. You probably had some initial swelling or fluid retention and as it disappeared you saw some loss of results. I would speak to your doctor and see if they think that you need a bit more

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

I had Restylane injections for nose to mouth lines. Is it too early to see the final result?

+1

It can take up to two weeks for the final result of your treatment with filler to be evident. I would recommend waiting a little longer, and having an exam by your physician who performed the injections if you are not satisfied with the result. A touch-up can be performed if more filler is necessary. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane for the smile lines

+1

Dear hannahjo,

• Give it a full 2 weeks before seeing your injector
  • At that time, take after pictures to see how much of a difference there is
  • If there is no difference, talk to your injector about the next step
  • If you have your own before picture, take it and compare, the difference can be slight and you may just need a little more

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD