Restylane Injections Under Eye - Sack-Like Bags or Swelling

Hi, I had restylane injections to fill in my under eye hollowness. I had extreme swelling, under both eyes it was puffed out. I iced the area and most of the swelling went down. It is now day four and under my right eye there is still a sack like swelling on the tear trough area. When I push on it, it is not hard. There is also a little sack on the other eye too. How do I know if this is residual swelling or is it something else going on?

Restylane is a good choice under the eyes

+2

Restylane, or Juvederm can give a nice result, although they do attract water to the area. This can be especially noticeable for the firse few days. It will likely smooth out, but if not, give your doctor a call in about a week.  

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for lower eyelids

+2

Swelling is very common in this area and the skin is so very thin that side effects, although temporary, can show quite visibly. See your doctor for evaluation and reassurance.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Restylane in tear troughs

+1

Injecting restylane in the tear troughs requires a lot of skill. Sometimes lumps can develop. In your case the only way to be sure if it is restylane you are feeling is to see if it dissolves with hyaluronidase.  If it does not bother you and gave you imrpovement, you may not want to have this done.