Massage Hasn't Helped Lumps After Restylane

I had Restylane injectionin Feb, now in May I have lumps I have been massaging them but they have not gone away.

See your injector

+1
I suggest you see your injector for a follow up, and please don't massage the area. Massage should only be done by your injector as it may displace the product unfavourably.

Restylane lumps

+1

If it has only been a few months, the restylane will persist for 6 months or longer. You may want your doctor to dissolve it.

If the lump doesn’t go away, it needs to be dissolved with hyaluronidase

+1

For lumps caused by Restylane, massaging the tear trough and around the eyes may be indicated, but should only be done under the supervision of a doctor. If the lump doesn’t go away, it needs to be dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

The great thing about Restylane and Juvederm is that they can be disolved if there are any problems

+1

The great thing about Restylane and Juvederm is that they can be disolved if there are any problems. A simple injection of hyaluronidase can eliminate any undesirable bumps.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane lumps

+1
If you have visible lumps from Restylane two to three months ago, then ask your physician to inject hyaluronidase which may dissolve the unwanted Restylane.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Hyaluronidase helps longstanding bumps after Restylane

+1

If there are lumps under your eyes three months after treatment with Restylane self massage is not likely to help.  I would see your cosmetic surgeon and consider having the lumps dissolved with a small injection of hyaluronidase.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon