What Can I Do for Swelling After Restylane?

What can be done with swelling that is still present a month after Restylane was injected under the eyes?

Swelling under eyes after filler

+1

If you have persistent swelling under the eyes after a filler is placed, I would consider returning to you doctor to perhaps have it dissolved a bit.

Restylane swelling

+1

I would see your doctor to consider one of two options: 1) poke the skin over the swelling and try to remove the product by squeezing it out or 2) inject a small amount of hyaluronidase to reduce the amount of restylane that is there to thus reduce swelling. If the swelling is mild, you may want to wait a little longer before considering the above options as often swelling improves bit by bit with time.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Swelling after restylane

+1

I would discuss with your treating physician the option of hyaluronidase injections to dissolve some of the restylane under the eyes. Small volumes of hyaluronidase injected at 1 week intervals for a few sessions ought to take care of your problem. If you do nothing, eventually the swelling will resolve on its own, but it would take months.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist