How to make Restylane injection last longer?

I just had tear trough Restylane injections and am very happy with the results. How can I make my under eye restylane injections last longer? Are there things I should avoid doing? Foods I should avoid eating? Anything would be great! Thanks!

Restylane in the tear trough area

+1
Restylane in the tear trough area generally lasts about a year.  There is no way to prolong the length of time that it lasts.  I am happy that you like the results of your injections.

Nothing can be done.

+1
The duration of restylane depends on the location and the depth of the injection.  Other than that there is nothing that can change the time it lasts.  In the tear troughs it does last fairly long, around 1 year.
All the best!
Dr. Tony Perkins.

Anthony Perkins, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

+1

Restylane in the tear trough area would will already last longer due to less movement around the eyes, up to 18 months 

Restylane duration in tear trough

+1

Restylane is a terrific filler for the tear trough and typically lasts 1-2 years when injected in this area. No food will affect it. The only way I can think of to enhance duration is to not use the area as much, meaning no more smiling or facial movements for you! ;)  ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

How to make fillers last longer

+1

Great question but there is very little you can do to affect longevity of fillers.  One thing you can do is to make sure you have a great result.  Under-treatment with less product than an are needs usually leads to needing to re-treat an area sooner than if an adequate amount is used.  Over-doing exercise can also break down filler faster in some people.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

How to make Restylane last longer?

+1

There are no foods or activities that will affect the longevity of Restylane placed under the eyes.  Restylane does tend to last longer under the eyes than when placed in lips or around the mouth though.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane

+1
There is nothing I know of that can make filler stay around longer. Your body's own enzymes slowly degrade the product over time. 

There are longer-lasting HA fillers than Restylane on the market. Ask your plastic surgeon if he/she is offering these products and if they might be right for you. 

Hope that helps,
CDK

Christopher D. Knotts, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

How to make Tear Trough Injections Last Longer?

+1

Hi JK.  We would generally suggest 1 of 2 things.  The first and most common is to use more product.  Generally speaking 1 CC will be visible for about 6 months, but 2 CC's will last 9-12.  

Although we do not prefer it, you can ask your practitioner about Perlane.  We prefer Restylane, but it does not last as long.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD