Restylane injection under eyes. How long for bruising and bags to clear up? 12/17/2013--1/3/2014

10 days.

+1
Dear Ms. Corvette,

1. Bruising from restylane in the lower eyelid region usually persists for about 10 days.
2. Bags are supposed to be treated with restylane or at least masked.  This may be the result of excess restylane injection, I would suggest to re-consult with your injector.
All the Best!
Dr. Tony Perkins.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Restylane injection under eyes. How long for bruising and bags to clear up?

+1

I advise my patients to wait a full two weeks for the product to completely settle and bruising  eliminate before seeing their final result, I suggest you follow up with your provider if the bags or bruising have still not healed 

Under eye injections should be done with blunt cannulas and expert injector

+1
Having under eye injections is a procedure with the most complaints on realself for fillers. It needs to be done with cannulas to decrease bruising, swelling, and other side effects. You might have too much filler or improperly placed filler which needs hyaluronidase to dissolve. Get it redone with cannulas and a very experienced injector. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Bruising and bags after Restylane under eyes

+1

Bruising and swelling usually goes away in 10-14 days. You could have "bags" from the actual filler placement itself which will not resolve until the product dissipates or is dissolved. I might suggest you return to your injector at this point for an evaluation. 

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Bruising and Bags after Restylane

+1
Hello Ms. Corvette.  Usually swelling and bruising (when it happens) will clear up within a week.  But, if the eye bags you are describing are actually product that was injected superficially (over the muscle) then this will likely not clear up until the product goes away (months) or when you have it dissolved with Hyaluronidase (Vitrase).  You may consider a second opinion.  
There is also a condition called hemosidering staining which results from bruising that can look like a long term bruise.  If you have this type of hyperpigmentation, it can also last quite some time.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD