Is This Normal For Restylane Injection and Rhinoplasty Affects Combined? (photo)

I had restylane injections in my tear ducts in December 2011. I was very happy with the results. Just a week ago March 8, 2012 I had rhinoplasty done. I am noticing that most of my bruising is going away after a week of recuperation but still have deep bruising where the restylane was injected. I haven't seen any posts on this yet. It's still kind of early to tell but I am starting to panic. Can any with this experience please tell me anything about restylane and rhinoplasty affects together?

Restylane to tear troughs and surgery

+1

Depending on how things settle in with the swelling after your recent surgery, I would follow up with your provider (that injected the Restylane) to see if the placement is appropriate - it may be that it's superficial and needs to be removed.

Bruising after rhinoplasty

+1

It seems to be normal, as the splint over the nose puts some pressure over the cheek area and holds the bruising above it, usually the bruising takes 2 weeks to go away.

Juan Carlos Fuentes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon