Restylane Injected to Tear Trough Area: Misplaced and Overfilled?

I had restylane injected to my tear trough area a month ago. However, one side appears to be misplaced, and one sides to be overfilled. I can't stand the look and don't want to wait for them to disolve as I heard that they could be there for a long time. Is Hyaluronidase the only solution? I heard that some Dr can use an equipment to soften the area then resculpture it? Is it true? I live in Columbus Ohio. Could any of the doctors here please kindly recommend a Dr who can help me correct it?

Restylane and fullness

+3

It's best to re-visit your provider for a full assessment. Massage and/or hyaluronidase are sometimes indicated to achieve a satisfying outcome!

+2

Hyaluronidase makes the most sense if the injection was one month ago.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+2

In general, hyaluronidase (Vitrase is one form) can be used to dissolve or "melt" hyaluronic acid products, such as Restylane and Juvederm.  It may not be able to erase the effects completely, but it should help.  Massage can also be helpful.  Either way, though, you should return to your PS or to another to have this managed in person.  There are many different options but they should be weighed with the benefit of an in-person consultation. 

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Restylane

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Restylane, tear troughs, fillers

+2

ear troughs are the toughest area to treat. I have used restylane and PRP, both with good results

Barry Lycka, MD
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Correction of Restylane in the Tear Troughs

+2

Thanks for the question. Restylane is an excellent option for reducing the appearance of the hollows under the eyes (tear troughs). With gentle and careful technique, the results are quite smooth and natural in appearance. In my practice, we utilize cannulas to inject this product, to minimize bruising. The correction typically lasts for 1-2 years, results backed by a recent study by Drs. Glasgold and Donath. 

To answer your question, in the unlikely event that there is a visible bump after Restylane injections, the product can often be smoothed out by massaging it with one's finger. If this is unsuccessful, the specific lump can be dissolved with the judicious injection of of a small amount hyaluronidase.

In Columbus, OH, I would recommend that you see my colleague, Dr. Sumit Bapna.

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane in tear troughs

+2

If you have lumpiness in the tear troughs and want it corrected, hyaluronidase is a good product to use to melt the filler. 

Treatment for Overdone Restylane to Lower Eyelid Area

+2

Thank you for the great question. After about 24-48 hours, the filler has "set" in the tissue. It will not be possible to mold or move the product at that point. The best option is to use a small amount of hyaluronidase (Vitrase) to dissolve some of the Restylane. Then, if needed, the area could be touched up with filler at a later point. If your surgeon is resistant to this type of plan, I would recommend seeking a second opinion. Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for tear troughs

+2

An experienced injector can use hyaluronidase to correct your Restylane injections.  You may need some Restylane again to even out the areas.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Restylane over correction

+2

You cannot mold the restylane once it has been injected and settled over time. I would recommend you discuss with your surgeon using a small amount of hyaluronidase and maybe all of the product will not dissolve out although even small amounts may dissolve all of the restylane.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

?Misplaced Restylane under eyes

+2

Jasmine, Using hyaluronidase to dissolve this is easy. This is what I would do as it will be gone within days

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist