Can I Reverse Effects of Restylane Injected Above my Lips?

Not happy with results of injectible above mouth seems too heavy and when I smile you can tell I have had fillers, can it be reversed?

Restylane reversible?

+1

If you are unhappy with the restylane filler placed in the lips because of unwanted results or lumps, you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Yes, Restylane can be reversed.

+1

Restylane, as well as most of the other hyaluronic acid fillers, can be easily reversed with an injection of hyaluronidase.  This breaks down the filler and allows your body to absorb it.

Kevin F. Hagan, MD

One of the benefits of HA fillers is the reversibility

+1

Juvederm and Restylane are very safe and effective fillers. It is alwyas wise to have a qualified injector do your filler treatments for best results. If you are not happy, HA fillers can be dissolved by an enzyme called hyaluronidase.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

You can remove Restylane with hyaluronidase above the lips.

+1

You can remove Restylane with hyaluronidase above the lips.  That's one fo the great things about hyaluronic acid fillers.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dissolving Restylane

+1

Restylane, Juvederm, and the other Hyaluonic Acid Gel fillers will eventually be broken down and absorbed by the body over time.  An enzyme called hyaluronidase, however, can be injected to speed this process.

Ronald Mancini, MD
Dallas Oculoplastic Surgeon

Reversal of hyaluronic acids

+1

If you don't like the result of fillers, you can have overcorrection reversed by the injection of hyaluronic acid if hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm or Restylane, are injected. The hyaluronidase will not work on fat injections or Radiesse.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane CAN be Reversed

+1

Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane are Hyaluronic Acid fillers. As a result, they can be broken down by the injection of Hyaluronidase, an enzyme which breaks them down. This makes these fillers superior to many other fillers which cannot be dissolved if you are not happy with the result.

Dr. Aldea

Reversing the effects of Restylane and other HA fillers

+1

Dear TheresaB - It is possible to reverse the effects of restylane, and all other hyaluronic acid (HA) based fillers. There is a product called hyaluronidase that "dissolves" hyaluronic acid. Conservative injections of hyaluronidase in the areas that you are unhappy with can be used to reverse the effects of the filler material.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon