I had Restylane injected in my tear troughs due to undereye hollows, can Restylane be dissoved 8 months after injection?

I had the same procedure done by the same plastic surgeon 2 years ago. needless to say I went back to him to get a touch up since he did a good job wih the first one - but the last time, i think he over injected and made the hollows look worse. I thought about having it dissolved with vitrase but decided to just wait it out and see if it will get better in time but as you can see in this photo the hollows look bad and it looks the same way shortly after I had the restylane injection.

Restylane unwanted results

+2
if you have an unwanted result eight months after your treatment, you should discuss options with your surgeon.

I would recommend you discuss with a Board Certified Dermatologist with expertise with Restylane

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

+2
At this point it is probably best to have the Restyland retouched and revised in order to solve your issue. I suggest going back to you plastic surgeon and voicing your concerns and he/she will be able to give you the best advice for achieving your desired look. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

I had Restylane injected in my tear troughs due to undereye hollows, can Restylane be dissolved 8 months after injection?

+2
Looking at your photo, it appears you may benefit from a touch up. In general, vitrase injections can be performed after 8 months if necessary, but this may not be of benefit since more product may be needed to get the best result. I would recommend following up with your injector and communicating your concern to him or her. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Under Eye hollows

+2
The under eye hollows are an area that needs to be injected with skill.  Belotero and Restylane are both appropriate fillers for this area of the face.  I would suggest you return to have more filler injected now since the hollows are evident and need to be filled.

Michele S. Green, MD

I had Restylane injected in my tear troughs due to undereye hollows, can Restylane be dissoved 8 months after injecti

+2
To me from the posted photo you were "under" treated.. Thus waiting 8 months for dissolution of the HA filler was not the correct path. I think you need more added than removal... 

Wait it out...

+2
If it has been eight months, there is little advantage to trying to dissolve it at this point unless there are visible lumps.  This is a tricky area to inject, but you should be able to have another attempt by now.  

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon