Restylane in Nasal Areas?

I had injections into the nasal areas of my face in Nov. and swelling occurred for more than 1 week on both sides...then the swelling dissipated on left side, but remained on right. I called doc and he said just wait. I waited. It is now Jan. and the uneven areas make my smile lopsided. Is there a way to take out some of this filler?

Restylane in Nasal Areas?

+1

Follow up with your medical provider, he/she can inject an enzyme called hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler

Restylane in nose

+1

Dear ginnene,

• I would visit your injector again for your options
  • You can either dissolve part of one side, or inject a little more on the other
  • The goal is symmetry which will make it look better depending on what your exam looks like

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Restylane in nose - how to correct

+1

Sounds like you have some asymmetry after having had restylane injected into your nose. Hard to say why this happened, but in any case, you can dissolve any excess hyaluronic acid filler with hyaluronidase by a trained and experienced injector such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane in nasal areas?

+1

If too much filler was injected on one side, it is possible to dissolve the excess filler with the enzyme hyaluronidase. I would recommend following up with the physician who performed your treatment and mentioning this option. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane and removal

+1

Yes, you can have the filler dissolved, however it may just need a follow-up with your provider to massage or press into the areas of over-treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Restylane swelling

+1

If you hvae persistent swelling that bothers you from filler perhaps the product needs to be dissovled?

Too much Restylane on one side

+1

Restylane can be dissolved with a hyaluronidase. It is simple to use and should do the trick . After it is clear you can start over again. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Restylane is uneven

+1

Yes, Restylane is a hyaluronic acid filler and it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase, by an experienced injector. It doesn't have to all be removed, just the overfilled and uneven portion. It's a simple procedure.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD