Restylane Immediately After Fraxel Laser?

Can I have Restylane injections after I do my Fraxel laser? Is it safe? If not, how many days or weeks should I do it and what would happen if I do it before the laser?

Fraxel re:pair and Restylane; Which Should be Done First?

+2

Hi Leon,

I would wait about 3 to 4 weeks after Fraxel re:pair before injecting Restylane into a patient. It is safe.

It is better to wait for the injections until after the laser treatment as you will likely need less filler due to the increased volume from the laser treatment. Also, the heat of the laser may effect Restylane that is recently placed although no formal studies have proven that.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fillers after Fraxel laser

+1

You can have filler immediately after a fraxel laser (not immediately before), but I would prefer that you wait at least 1-2 weeks before doing so for optimal results and less likelihood of swelling.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

It is best to do Fraxel laser first then Restylane

+1

We generally do Fraxel laser treatments  first and then inject fillers.

It is probably safer to wait a week or two after the laser treatment to do filler injections.

However, we have injected fillers right after Fraxel laser treatment with no problems at times when patients requested.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon