Restylane or Creams with Hyaluronic Acid for Protruding Eyes?

I'm a 30-year-old male and I've had protruding eyes for 6 years. I realized it when a friend of mine told me about that. I was using contact lenses in those times. Four years ago, I had LASIK and it got a bit more prominent with a dry eye problem. I don't have symptoms of thyroid disease.

I searched for a cure, and at last, I found that Restylane can be useful, but has to be injected. I found that there are some creams that include hyaluronic acid. Will these creams whith hyaluronic acid be useful? What's your suggestion?

Prominence of the eye is relative to the cheek bones

+2

Dear Baris

Your eyes are semi prominent. If your cheek bone projected as much as your forehead does things would be about right. However, you have less projection of the cheek bone and this makes the lower half of the eyes look prominent. This deficiency can be addressed by placing an implant on the orbital rim, or by injecting sufficient Restylane in the under eye area. To address your issues, you need about 3 ml of volume under each eye.

Unfortunately, the hyaluronic acid in the skin creams will do nothing to build up this area so don't even bother with them.

Resylane in eye

+1

Please, do not get Restylane injected anywhere inside of your orbital rim. If you think your eyes protrude, you need to have some measuements taken of your eyes to see if you have what is called proptosis. Your opthalmologist can do this. If it turns out that it is just the "bags" under your eyes that is bothering you, you might need a fat transposition lower lid blepharoplasty.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon