Will Restylane Help Hereditary Dark Circles?

I'm a 17 year old male fitness model, and was was considering having restylane injected into the tear trough area for my hereditary dark circles. I believe I have thick skin, as I do not have any visible varicose veins under my eyes; just a dark tint and a moderately defined depression in the tear through area which leaves me looking tired.

Restylane for dark circles can be great!

+2

As with so many things, without really seeing you in person it would be difficult to say for sure but generally speaking, if a person has dark circles under the eyes from a slight depression in the tear trough area Restylane can give an amazing result.  It can be surprising how much of that dark circle comes from shadows created by contour irregularities rather than actual pigment changes in the skin.  We inject a great deal of tear troughs for patients and they LOVE it!  It is extremely gratifying for both patient and practitioner.  Years of self consciousness and concealer diminished significantly in less than 30 minutes. For the right candidate, a great procedure.

Dr. Grant Stevens          

Restylane and hereditary dark circles

+1

Restylane can improve dark circles under the eyes if they are caused by hollowing because of fat loss.  It will not improve pigmentation of the skin.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is experienced in injecting this area and can also give you fading products if necessary.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Restylane may help dark circles if they are due to a defined depression in that area

+1

Restylane may help dark circles if they are due to a defined depression in that area. That’s what it looks like in your case, in which Restylane will help. It will not help if the dark circles are due to pigmentation.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers

+1

The products such as Restylane and Juvederm are fillers and not intended to treat dark circles under the eyes.  There is a better product for this purpose called Tenamine. 

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Restylane may help a tear trough but may not reduce the reddish lower eyelid coloration

+1

treating the dark lower eyelid circles, when not pigment, but redness can be frustrating. Injecting the tear trough with restylane can help significantly, but the redness often extends from the tear trough up to the eyelash margin. Injecting filler throughout this whole skin surface can leave a patient lumpy and over swollen. It should only be done by an expert in this technique as there are serious risks that need to be discussed.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Dark circles

+1

Dark circles in a young person are often related to allergies. I doubt a filler will help improve this to any degree.

Restylane is a good choice for under eye dark circles

+1

In young people, the dark under eye circles are often associated with a tendency to have allergies or environmental sensitivity.

Restylane works well for such under eye circles.  I recommend that you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with training and experience in injecting the under eye area. 

When injected properly, Restylane does better here than any other dermal filler.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane can reduce dark circles under the eyes

+1

Restylane can reduce dark circles under the eyes. This is best accomplished when the cheek can be elevated and give more support to the lower eyelid.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Restylane for Dark Lower Lid Circles

+1

I am not sure that Restylane will benefit your dark circles on your lower lids, although it sounds as if  you have a tear trough for which it should be beneficial.  I have used a product called Teamine which seems to work nicely for these dark circles, but they do return after stopping the Teamine.

John Whitt, MD

Will Restylane Help for Hereditary Dark Circles?

+1

Hi Xcyte.  We have had a few patients in your situation where a hereditary condition caused them to have sunken eyes and/or dark circles under the eyes.  

Restylane did help a lot for these patients as building up the area under the eye can improve the frame as well as make the dark circles less noticeable.  For a cross section of tear trough before and after pictures, visit the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD