Does Restylane help dark circles?

I have dark circles caused by hollowness from genetics. When I wake up in the morning, my dark circles are usually not apparent, but gradually get darker as the day progresses. Is this an indicator that my dark circles are not caused by hyper-pigmentation but by the hollowness of my tear trough? And also does this mean that if I did get a HA filler that my dark circles would disappear? I have been reading some MD responses that make me question how effective restylane injections would be for me.

Treating Undereye Circles

Restylane® can help undereye circles caused by undereye hollowing, depending on your skin type and if the circles/darkness are exclusively caused by shadows created by light reflecting off of the hollow areas. There are multiple causes of undereye circles- it is possible that congestion of the blood vessels in the thin undereye skin can cause darkening, especially after lying down overnight. I advise you to consult a board-certified Aesthetic Dermatologist to best evaluate your undereye circles and recommend a course of treatment. 

Miami Dermatologist

135 San Lorenzo Ave.
Coral Gables, FL 33146

Restylane does not treat dark circles

I would not use Restylane to treat dark circles. it is a filler used for volume replacement on the face only.
I would recommend you discuss with a Board Certified Dermatologist with expertise with Restylane

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

230 George Bush Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33444

Does Restylane help dark circles?

Restyland will help to restore lost volume in the under eye region. It is best to get a personal consultation to see what options will help you achieve the best results. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253

Does Restylane help dark circles?

Dark circles can be due to a number of causes, and an in-person exam would really be necessary to determine what may help. Restylane will fill in a hollow tear trough, and helps improve the appearance of dark circles if they are due to a loss of volume. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Restylane injections and dark circles

Restylane will help the tear trough areas and fill in the hollows.  However, Restylane will not help lighten the dark skin under the eye area.  Injections in this under eye area are difficult so please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

156 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075

Restylane will not help dark I circles caused by dark skin color

Restylane can be used to plump a deep depression or Hollow area beneath your lower eyelids.  This maneuver lessens the shadow caused by the depression and can improve a dark circle caused by this shadow.

However most patients referring to dark circles refer to the dark bluish color of the lower eyelid.  The dark bluish color is caused by thin skin through which you can see the underlying purple color of the muscle.

It is very important that you understand that Restylane will not change this dark purple eyelid color, and many patients are disappointed as they anticipate that Restylane injection will change the dark color of the lower eyelid.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Does Restylane help with dark circles under the eyes

Restylane helps with dark circles under the eyes, if the darkness is because of volume loss. If you have dark circles because of veins under the eyes or skintone, Restylane wouldn't necessarily completely negate the darkness. Can you provide photos so we can properly assess your situation better?

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117