Restylane Gone from TT in One Month?

I got 2.5 units on my tt's done about a month ago (2 units with a later correction). Looked great but I am noticing bags again. Possible or am I just forgetting how severe they were before and kind of 'normalizing' my results? I was hoping I wouldn't have to go in for a correction until November/December since I am young but I did have some pretty deep troughs/bags. I was hoping my correction would be later in the year (as in Nov/Dec) and much smaller than I needed the first time. :-/

Restylane Gone from TT in One Month?

+1

Providing a photo would be easier to help answer your questions, its very unlikely that 2.5 syringes of Radiesse has completely metabolized. I suggest you contact your medical provider for a follow-up to reevaluate you

Fillers Work Well For Tear Troughs and Typically Last For Long Periods

+1

I have personally been injecting fillers in the tear trough area for more than twenty years. Years ago, when collagen fillers, such as Zyderm collagen, were the only available agents for this purpose, the results of treatment were typically quite short-lived--approximately three months. However, with the advent of hyaluronic acid-based fillers, such as Juvederm and Restylane, the results have not only been more natural in appearance but considerably longer-lasting. 

According to strict box labelling, we must say that the results of treatment with these fillers range from about six to twelve months. However, most of us experienced in the use of injectable fillers for the tear troughs have seen many patients routinely last for far longer periods of time. I have quite a few patients, in fact, who have well past the three year mark and to date still do not require any additional treatment.

Interestingly, tear trough deformities typically require relatively small amounts of material--sometimes only a total of 0.6cc of filler material to achieve excellent results. The skin is extremely thin and delicate under the eyes and the material hugs onto water molecules yielding a gratifying plumping effect with only the use of small amounts. 

Incidentally, you mention 2.5 units. The term units generally refer to the amounts used when speaking of neuromodulators, such as Botox, which are also occasionally used immediately under the eyes. This amount would be about right for use in this region and the results would be expected to last only a few months, as in this case. 2.5cc of filler, on the other hand, would, in my experience, be an inordinate amount of material, rarely needed when treating the tear troughs. I would strongly suggest a consultation with an injector experienced in treating the tear trough regions.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Restylane to correct deep tear troughs

+1

Restylane is the most common filler I use to fill in deep or depressed tear troughs. It would be very unusual for 2.5 ccs used in this area to break down within one month.  I have found restylane to last around the eyes the longest of all the areas injected. I believe this is due to the lack of movement in this area. I have patients who still have some effect from the initial injection for years (2+) following.   If there is any question visit your physician again and have them look at another set of before and after photos with you. 

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tear trough treatment

+1

It is very difficult to answer your questions without seeing your pictures and what you are referring to. You should consider posting images showing the areas treated. Without proper assessment and examination, it's difficult to determine whether you need further treatment and/or possibly different injection technique.

Sam Naficy, MD

Restylane gone in one month from tear troughs

+1

You would be pretty much the first person to have 2.5 syringes of Restylane totally disappear within just a month. I would recommend you consult your before photos and determine how much was corrected. People are usually shocked at their before photos and yes, have "forgotten" what things looked like before. Consult your pictures and go back to your doctor for an evaluation. If you really had that deep of tear troughs, you may simply need more. Layering fillers over several months can make them last longer, so putting more in in November/December could be good. It makes the particles bond together more and it makes it so you won't go back to baseline as quickly.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD