Restylane Vs Fraxel Laser for Chicken Pox Scars?

I have two crater-like scars (3-4mm wide, 1mm deep) on my forehead from chicken pox. Would Restylane injection help lifting up the depressed surface of the scars? Someone told me that Fraxel Laser works for scar treatment. Which one would do a better job? Should I get them both?

Fraxel and Restylane are a great combination for the treatment of chickenpox scars.

+1

Fraxel and Restylane are a great combination for the treatment of chickenpox scars. I would do a series of the Fraxel restore laser, try the Fraxel repair (depending on your skin type/pigmentation). These lasers will help smooth the scars. Then you may do filler injections (Restylane, Juvederm, hylaform) to fill in the areas that may still be indented.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and/or Fillers for Chicken Pox Scars

+1

Hi Ylee,

Both Fraxel and filler are used to treat chicken pox scar depressions. Radiesse is a great filler for this indication.  Either Fraxel re:store or re:pair will help improve the scars.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Maybe both

+1

First, I would try laser. Fraxel Restore is my first choice, but I might consider Repair or Total FX (I'd know when I saw you). Restylane or another filler would be second and only to try to improve after the bound-down scar tissue softened by the laser.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist