I Just Had Restylane (For Smile Line) Today, and then I'm Going to Fraxel 10days Later. Should I Wait More Days?

Restylane and Fraxel 10 Days Apart

+1

Thank you for your question. If your provider is comfortable with this then it should be fine.  The filler is placed sub dermal and should be out of reach for the laser. We usually have people wait a month for swelling to subside, but at 2 weeks, if they are comfortable, then fine.  See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Lasers Do Not Penetrate Deeply Enough To Effect Fillers

+1

It is difficult to place a filler high enough toward the surface of the skin for a laser to affect it. Most of the time, the depth of laser penetration is less than 1mm ( though occassionally they may penetrate as deeply as 1.5mm and rarely 2mm). This depth is too superficial to contact a dermal filler. Though there is a filler (Belatero) that is intended to be placed very superficially in fine lines, most fillers are placed much deeper (3-6mm ). At these levels  (lower dermis, fat and just above bone) there isn't direct contact by lasers and minimal indirect heating. So I would not be concerned with doing Fraxel laser treatment following placement of Restylane.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com/procedures/lasers/fractional-resurfacing

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Wait after fillers before having laser treatments

+1

Despite some articles to the contrary, we have seen a definite diminishing of dermal fillers when lasers that heat up the skin, such as Fraxel, are performed within 2 months of having the filler injected.  We recommend waiting 2 months after dermal fillers before most laser treatments.  Not every physician is aware of this association however but we definitely have in our office.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon