Can restylane be used for laugh lines around the mouth?

Restylane is perfect for Laugh Lines around the Mouth

+1
Restylane is the ideal filler for nasolabial lines, which are also known as laugh lines.  Restylane will fill in the wrinkles and is a smooth and natural-looking filler which will rejuvenate your face.  It is important to find an experienced Board Certified Dermatologist with a lot of experience in facial injections for the best cosmetic result.

Restylane for Laugh Lines

+1
Yes, Restylane is a great option for laugh lines and has been approved to treat this specific area. Patients who undergo Restylane treatments typically enjoy smoother and younger looking skin around the mouth. 

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips do great with fillers...

+1
There are many fillers available today that work in slightly different ways to improve lines and folds of the face. Every facial aesthetic specialist will have preferences and choose one filler over another.
In my practice we prefer to use Belotero for the lines that are often called “smokers lines” as it works very well to inject individual creases. The small lines that cross the edge of the lip we prefer Juvederm. The advantage of using Juvederm in the pink part of the lip is that it is very soft and liquid and seems to have fewer problems forming lumps than we have seen with Restylane. As the other posters have suggested filling lips is an art, and getting natural results is not easy. All you have to do is look at Hollywood to see examples of distorted, puffed up lips from filler. It is possible to get natural results and finding the right specialist to do the procedure is the key.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Ivan Wayne, MD
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Restylane and Juvederm is a great filler that could be used for laugh lines around the mouth, I advice you seek a reputable provider for an in-person evaluation to determine what filler would be best for you 

Yes!

+1
Restylane is my most commonly used filler because of its versatility and ability to be used all over the face.

Anthony Perkins, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for laugh lines lips

+1
Restylane for laugh lines gives outstanding results.  However, injection technique is an art! Expertise in using the material and knowing where to inject, how much to inject and in what depth are as important as the material injected.  I have been using Restylane for over 10 years and have used it safely and effectively in variety of areas of the face and lips resulting in natural and normal results.  The cost is around $400.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Treating Laugh Lines

+1
It depends what you mean by laugh lines.  Lip wrinkles or nasolabial or corner of the mouth?  Yes, hyaluronic acid fillers (like Restylane) can be helpful for lip wrinkles but I have seen some doctors overdo it, and give the patient an unnatural duck-like projection of their lips, especially the upper lip.  I will cautiously put small amounts of hyaluronic acid filler (Restylane, Belotero, Juvederm, Perlane) and rely more on laser to get rid of lip wrinkles.  We have more natural, longer lasting results with gentle Erbium/CO2 resurfacing or Fraxel Repair (CO2 fractionated).
For nasolabial folds (parentheses around the mouth) and downturned corners of the mouth, I like filler first placed in the malar/cheek area where one has usually lost the volume the most.  Filler in this location will remove most of the nasolabial and angle of mouth lines anyway. 
For best results, choose a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has cosmetic expertise and an artistic eye.   

Karen Stolman, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane for laugh lines?

+1

Yes, Restylane can be used for this as can all of the fillers listed by Dr. Kaplan. Your doctor will decide which they think would do the best job and advise you. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Restylane for laugh lines.

+1
Hi Jels.  Yes, Restylane can definitely be used for laugh lines around the mouth.  We also use Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse and Belotero.  Depends on the patient, the exact area, the technique used and what other areas are being combined with these lines.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD