Is restylane only for dark eye circles?

Is restylane only for dark eye circles?

+2

No, Restylane can be applied in various areas like the Marionette lines, Nasolabial folds, Tear troughs and also help enhance and plump the lips. I would recommend a thorough consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see what may be best for your aesthetic desires

Is Restylane only for dark eye circles?

+1

Restylane is a fantastic filler for the tear trough, and can be used in other areas of the face as well. Each physician has their own preference as to where they will use specific fillers. I also like to use Restylane for the marionette lines and nasolabial folds. During an in-person consult, your physician will able to determine what you will benefit from. When seeking treatment with filler, it is best to choose a board certified and experienced dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon, or plastic surgeon. Each is a fantastic choice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Is restylane only for dark eye circles?

+1

Restylane is a great filler to fill and enhance the face, depending of your area concerned. I would suggest you schedule an in-person consult with a certified physican for an evaluation

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Uses for restylane

+1

Restylane can be use to improve many areas of the face, including the tear troughs, cheek bones, nasolabial or laugh lines, Marionette lines, the lips, and defining the jawline to name a few. Speak with a dermatologist about which filler or other treatment is best for your cosmetic concern.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Dark Eye Circles Respond Well To Belotero Balance Combined With A Small Amount of Radiesse

+1

Restylane, a hyaluronic acid based filler, especially when diluted a bit with saline or local anesthetic solution, has been used successfully for treating tear troughs and dark circles under the eyes. The Tyndall Effect is a bluish discoloration that appears when a hyaluronic acid is injected too superficially, especially in the already very thin skin under the eyes. Diluting the Restylane as mentioned above reduces this undesirable effect considerably.

However, in my practice, I have replaced Restylane for this purpose with Belotero Balance, another, newer hyaluronic acid filler that possesses very little likelihood of leading to the Tyndall Effect. To achieve a better lightening of the dark circles, I also frequently add a tiny amount of Radiesse, a whitish colored material, to the Belotero.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Restylane

+1

no, Restylane can be used and a variety of areas on the face. In the tear trough or the dark circles under the eyes Restylane is a very good choice.

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uses of #Restylane

+1

First of all you can see a Board Certified Dermatologist, Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon or Oculoplastic Surgeon. A general plastic surgeon, is not the only person qualified to do these injections despite Dr. Hughes' statement. Find an expert who does a lot of these filler injections and does them well. Being Board Certified does not mean the doctor is experienced in any particular thing.

As far as Restylane, it can be used for a variety of purposes and as a Clinical Trainer for Medicis (the makers of Restylane) I can tell you it is FDA approved for certain things and used off label for other things.

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon