Restylane Vital Before or After Accutane?

Should I get Restylane Vital in my face before I start Accutance or after I finish the course of Accutane? Will the drying effects of Accutane affect the filler?

Restylane Vital before or after Accutane

+1

If you must have a filler than ONLY before Accutane or do not do it at all. The risk is too high for scarring from the needle sites if on Accutane. 

Restylane before or after accutane

+1

Filler in the lips is probably not a good idea before starting Accutane, since the dryness that occurs while on accutane occurs most severely in the lips. Filler to the nasolabial folds should not be problematic before starting Accutane. Fillers probably should not be administered in someone who is already on accutane. If you decide to wait until after your course of Accutane for the filler, I would suggest waiting 2-3 months after your last accutane dose.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist