Is it safe to proceed with a Restylane top off for my tear troughs or should I wait until my allergies have subsided?

I've had Restylane under my eyes in the past with no problems. I suffer moderately with seasonal allergies; however, I can control them with medications.

Allergies and injections

+2
FSRB, I know of no contraindications to injectables and seasonal allergies. By the way, try eating local honey; good evidence it helps airborn local allergies.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler and Allergies

+1
To ensure you receive optimal results it is recommended to wait until your allergies have subsided. If at all possible, taking Claritin, Allegra, or even Patanol then waiting about a month will help resolve any allergies. It is pertinent to take care of any allergy issues prior to injections so that it does not affect the results or outcome. 

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane and Tear Troughs and Allergies

+1
If you are suffering from seasonal allergies it can definitely affect how "swollen" you appear in the under eye area.  I would wait until the allergies are controlled before I had this sensitive area injected.

Michele S. Green, MD

Restylane and allergies

+1
The allergies would not prevent you from having Restylane. Are you able to control them with Claritin or other medication?  If they produce a running nose and red eyes, then it would be wise to wait until these symptoms have subsided.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Restylane and allergies

+1
The Restylane won 't  hurt your allergies but I would would wait because I would rather not have my patients rubbing their eyes after injection and you won't know where your swelling is coming from if you swell. Also, if you have swelling it will take longer to resolve if rubbing.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist