Can Restylane Be Used to Enhance the Cheekbones?

I wanted to try Restylane for the cheekbone area to make them more prominent. I know Juvederm and Radiesse can do it. I just want to know if Restylane is ok for that part of the face.

Restylane and cheek volume

+1

Yes, Restylane is appropriate to help enhance the cheek area. Consulting with a well-informed and reputable provider will help determine what will be best for you!

Choice of Filler for Cheek Bone Enhancement

+1

Yes, Restylane can be used to enhance your cheek bones. I prefer Radiesse, however, because it is heavier and fills areas well and is about 3 times longer lasting. Juvéderm, especially the Juvéderm Ultra Plus, also works well, and is longer lasting than the Restylane, but less so than Radiesse.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Restylane to Enhance Cheek Bones

+1

Restylane can be used to enhance your cheek bones, but I prefer Radiesse which is better to increase volume and will last longer.

Fillers to enhance Cheekbones

+1

Restylane can be used to enhance cheekbones although it would not be my first choice for this particular area. Cheekbones require a lot of volume to make a nice impact and although it could be done with Restylane you're not going to get the plumping effect or longevity you need with restylane. Radiesse, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane and Sculptra are more preferred agents for cheek bone augmentation.  Each has its pros and cons.  Microfat transfer can be done to enhance the cheek bones with even longer lasting results than fillers.  

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best fillers for cheekbones

+1

While any filler can be used to enhance the cheekbones, I very much prefer Radiesse for this purpose over the hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm. When comparing Radiesse to the hyaluronic acid fillers, it is important to understand the difference between "stimulatory" fillers and "wrinkle" fillers”. When treating problems due to volume loss such as cheek hollows and sagging skin, I will almost always use a stimulatory fillers such as Radiesse. It is injected deeper, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. It works by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why it is so effective for problems due to volume loss, and gives longer-lasting results too.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse works best to enhance cheekbones.

+1

Hi.

1)  All these fillers work well, but they work in different ways.  If a young person has flat cheekbones (and would a few years ago get implants), then she is best off with Radiesse injected DEEPLY, against the bone.  Natural, long lasting, and mimics normal anatomy.

2)  For an older woman who wants to correct atrophy and sagging of the upper cheeks related to aging, Juvederm Ultra Plus injected just under the skin is the best choice.  Very smooth and long lasting.

3)  Restylane is fine but you need more, and it doesn't last as long.  Very few people use Perlane.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Restylane and Perlane are perfect fillers for this purpose.

+1

This is one of the fastest growing procedures that is currently performed.  Because placement of facial shape is an aesthetic judgement, it is to your benefit to find a highly experienced injector.  Price should be less of a concern than experience.  These fillers last well over a year (perhaps more than 2 years).  I personally think that HA filling is a much better alternative than a facial implant for this purpose.  Correctly performed the results are simply amazing.

Restylane for Cheek Bones

+1

Yes, Restylane, Juvederm and Radiesse are all great for enhancing the cheek bones.  If you post a picture, we may be able to give you specific advice and recommendations on how may syringes may be required.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

I do far fewer cheek augmentations (surgical implants) now that we have so many great fillers

+1

Any of a number of fillers can be used for cheek augmentation. The advantage of hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm are that they can be dissolved if you don't like it, although few rarely ask for that. Perlane and Juvederm Ultra plus are thicker versions that work well in the cheeks and last longer. Radiesse may last even longer than the hyaluronic acid fillers and now comes in larger syringes which is great for cheeks.

Voluma is on the horizon for approval which is even thicker than Juvederm Ultra Plus.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Volumizing Fillers Work Well for Nonsurgical Cheek Augmentation (Nonsurgical Cheek Enhancement)

+1

Augmenting the cheekbone regions in individuals who have lost volume with aging or in those who naturally have more flattened cheek regions can be accomplished quite easily and nonsurgically, in a matter of a few minutes, with the use of a variety of volumizing fillers, i.e. those with thicker particle size and greater viscosity designed to bulk up areas, rather than simply to fill them.

In the U.S., the three currently available FDA-approved agents that may be used for this purpose include Perlane L (in the Restylane family of products), Juvederm UltraPlus XC, and Radiesse, In Israel, where I also have a private practice, many other products that provide even greater bulking and longer-lasting effects are available, including Restylane SQ and Juvederm Voluma, 

Filling agents, like plain Restylane and Juvederm contain smaller particles of hyaluronic acid, which, in my opinion, make them far better suited for treating finer wrinkles, lines and crinkles. Cheek augmentation requires experience, advanced injection skills, and and an artistic eye on the part of the injecting physician to shape and contour the cheeks so that they appear natural and not overly puffed up or doughy. It is important, therefore, to find someone who has done many of these procedures before and performs them routinely.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD