Is Restylane Effective Enough to Reduce Deep Wrinkles in the Corner of the Mouth?

Does Resylane have better results than Juvederm? I have already tried that and the results were not as I expected.

Restylane or Juvederm

+1

The immediate effects of either filler are the same, but they are both technique dependent. If you did not have a good result with one, the other filler will not correct it. You might need a different injector.

Best dermal filler for mouth corners

+1

Although both Juvederm and Restylane are good smooth gel products for fine lines and volumizing around the mouth, you may be a better candidate for Radiesse when describing deeper lines/folds and did not respond well to Juvederm.

As panel members suggested, technique is imperative, and this involves choosing the correct product for the correct areas and conditions.

In our experience, Radiesse has offered a stronger "pull and hold" for those areas that would benefit from this.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

+1

Yes, these are called "marrionette lines" and anf filler will technically work.  Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse or Perlane.  I personally prefer Perlane for corrections in this area.  Be sure that the MD that does your facial shaping, contouring with fillers understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.

Good technique is much more important than whether you get Restylane or Juvederm.

+1

Hi.

You can get dramatic results with both, but it has to be done just right.  So it is all about your doctor.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Is Restylane effective for filling winkles in the corners of the mouth?

+1

One could absolutely use Restylane in this area.  If the lines are deep, such as your indicate,  Perlane would probably be a better choice however..  Perlane and Restylane are similar but due to increased cross linking Perlane is better for deeper lines.  The key to having a positive outcome in such a case is having a good physician injector and  accepting that multiple syringes will most likely be required if the lines are deep.  Finally, one should have an understanding that although we strive for complete filling and 100% correction, it may not always be possible to completely eradicate the lines and be accepting that partial filling can still be of significant benefit to improving your overall facial appearance.  Good luck

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Restylane for Grooves at the Corner of the Mouth

+1

I don't find that there is truly any difference in results using Restylane or Juvederm in the grooves at the corner of the mouth. I also use Radiesse in this location.

Restylane for wrinkles in the corner of the mouth

+1

Restylane could be used in that area.  The cost for this procedure for 1cc syringe is $400.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Best treatment for deep wrinkles in the corner of the mouth

+1

For very deep wrinkles in the corners of the mouth (marionette lines), either Restylane or Juvederm is not enough. For this problem I will use Radiesse injected more deeply, below the skin, and then layer either Restylane or Juvederm above the Radiesse in a more superficial plane. I find this combination to be quite effective for even the most stubborn lines. In choosing your injecting physician, always ask about their experience and make sure they have all of the "tools" to use, such as all of the various facial fillers (Sculptra, Radiesse, Perlane, Restylane, and Juvederm) that are approved for use in the United States.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for stubborn corners

+1

Those folded over corners can present quite a challenge to even the most experienced injector. Juvederm would be last on my list to fix this. I prefer something with more substance. I use Restylane often as I am usually using rest of syringe in lips etc. If I am not doing lips  I might use perlane or even Radiesse.  What I choose depends m upon whether I will use the rest of syringe in other areas and on the depth of the creases.  There is not one good filler for the area. How the material is used is of utmost importance. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Fillers for the corner of the mouth

+1

Restylane is just one filler that can be used in the corner's of the mouth to improve the appearance.  I like all the HA's.