Restylane for Dynamic Wrinkles?

I have some dynamic wrinkles above the lip on one side only. I was told by a friend who uses Restylane for upper lip wrinkles that with time, it also helped the dynamic wrinkles. Is this possible? Thank you.

Restylane for wrinkles in motion

+1

Good feedback from the panel members. Generally, a combination treatment of both Botox/Dysport and/or cosmetic dermal fillers are good options. Much will be determined in an evaluation to determine your goals and assess the needs. We have a nurse on staff that is unable to use Botox or Dysport. In her case, the creative use of fillers, such as Restylane, has helped with static and dynamic lines and wrinkles.

Restylane for perioral wrinkles

+1

Restylane is a filler and does not directly address "dynamic" wrinkles, which are wrinkles caused by muscle contraction under the skin. Botox is the choice for such wrinkles. However, there is a role for Restylane for the fine wrinkles around the mouth, sometimes alone, and other times in conjunction with Botox.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to Botox or injectable fillers around your oral/lip area.

William Bruno, MD

It is possible

+1

Restylane or any of the hyaluronic acid fillers are great for these wrinkles. Evolence is also good. Radiesse and Sculptra are not as they are designed for injection into deeper tissues. I try to recommend adding fullness to the upper lip as well as this can help camouflage the wrinkles. Be sure you see someone who knows what they're doing with injection, i.e. not a nurse or PA. See a physician.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon