Should I have restylane dissolved or let it dissolve on it's own in time?

I have had 6 weeks of swelling and inflamed eyes after Restylane, now subsiding, but am left with lumpyness at outer eye corners and hard little bumps below lower eyelids. I thought maybe this happened because of scare tissue from a previous lower Bleph. I fear that I may be as allergic to the dissolver as I am to the Restylane, so don't really know what to do.

Should I have Restylane dissolved or let it dissolve on its own in time?

+1
Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. I would recommend following up with your provider. He or she can inject Hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler if necessary. You can let the Restylane dissolve on its own, but this takes time. In general, filler lasts for an average of 6-7 months. It generally lasts for a longer period of time in the tear trough. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com

+1
Fillers tend to last longer when injected to the tear troughs due to less movement ,If you are not satisfied with your treatment you can follow up with your provider and have hyaluronidase injected to dissolve the product 

Restylane and dissolving it

+1
If it has been several weeks since your Restylane injections and you are not happy with the effects you should return to your treating physician to have it dissolved with Hyaluronidase. I much prefer Belotero for most patients for the under eye area since it is a thinner substance and much better suited for the delicate under eye area.

Dissolve

+1
If you are not satisfied with the results of your Restylane injections, I would suggest having it dissolved.  For many patients, Restylane can last up to 9 months in the tear trough area.  Vitrase injections provide a simple solution to dissolve hyaluronic acid based fillers with little risk of an adverse reaction.
Bentonville Dermatologist

Should I dissolve Restylane or leave it alone

+1
You aren't allergic to Restylane because what you are citing isn't consistent with an allergic reaction. The enzyme used to dissolve Restylane is Vitrase/hyaluronidase. If you are worried about being allergic to it (I have never seen someone be allergic to it), you could have a small amount injected near your wrist or behind your ear before you have it used by your eyes where you want the Restylane removed.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."