Will Restylane Dissolve Faster if Massaged Daily?

Massaging away Restylane or Juvederm.

+2

It is possible to massage lumps of filler more flat, so they do not show. It does not technically "dissolve" the fillers. The material just flattens out and squeezes between natural collagen fibers, and is hard to find. Don't massage too hard. This can cause damage to nerves and blood vessels and can cause bruising.

If you feel there is simply too much filler and massaging will not be sufficient, injection with hyaluronidase will do the dissolving. All of this is easier to accomplish properly closer to the time of injection.

Massage for fillers

+1

If you are trying to speed up absorption of a filler, massage may help a bit. Otherwise, you can consider hyaluronidase injection which will dissolve the product much quicker. 

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Massaging

+1

I don't know that Restylane dissolves faster with massage, I doubt it.  There is no proof one way or the other.  Certainly massage will disperse the product and that can smooth out an area that is overfilled.  Remember, there is no need to disperse the product if you can only feel a fullness, this is normal, only disperse the product if you can see a fullness and you don't like it.

If you would like to dissolve Restylane the certain way to do it is to have your doctor inject some hyaluronidase into it.  This works in a few hours.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Massage for Restylane

+1

The Restylane might go away faster if massaged daily because massage increase blood flow to the face and area.  You can try and see but I'd be careful not to be to forecfulas this could injure the tissue or setup an inflammatory tissue resonse.

Massaging Restlyane

+1

Arlington,

Restylane is more responsive to massage soon after injection than it is later on.  That having been said, I have been able to massage Restylane bumps away months after injection.  Massaging can disperse the product, but does not dissolve it.  If you are looking to have Restylane dissolved, you should talk to your injector about having Hyaluronidase injected into the area.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon