Is Restylane Under the Eyes Right for Me?

I am 31, with high cheek bones. Unfortunately, my cheeks are is starting to descend slightly, and I now have a racoon look. I am not ready for surgery and would love to try Restylane in this area, but I am very apprehensive because I am prone to inflammatory reactions, especially in the eye area. My eyes have a tendency to swell easily (they swell up like golfballs when I cry, and also have urticaria like reactions around the eyes when I sweat profusely or go swimming in the ocean). Am I a bad candidate for Restylane?

Restylane and lower eyelids

+1

Without an exam, I could not tell you if you were a candidate to receive restylane in this area of the face.

Lower eyelid fillers

+1

Fillers injected into the lower eyelids have become increasingly popular over the last few years (restylane,juvederm). Although you stated you're not ready for surgery, a fat transfer to this area will likely give a longer-lasting result.

Regarding your inflammatory reaction around your eyes and urticaria reactions, I would recommend consulting with an ophthalmologist and/or dermatologist to rule out any local disorders before considering either an injectable filler or fat transfer.

William Bruno, MD

Not to worry

+1

Dear Te

Under eye Restylane is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Find an eye plastic surgeon in your area who treats the dark circles. Mike McCracken in the Denver area would be a good choice.

The swelling you experience under the eyes is unlikely to have any bearing on how you do with the Restylane. The person you select as your injector should do a detailed history regarding these issues and will personally assess you.